Does Nike Produce Reputable Running Shoes? (Read 287 times)

lucho29

Hello,

I'm relatively new to the world of running. The other day, I was doing some browsing online, looking for more information about running shoes. While doing so, I stumbled upon an infographic entitled, "The Evolution of Running Shoes." The infographic mentioned Nike multiple times. What's interesting, however, is that a friend of mine told me that no "serious runners" use Nike running shoes only a few short weeks ago. I'm not sure what to believe. What do you guys think? Like I said, I'm new to this and don't really know what's best. Let me know! Thanks!

Feeling the growl again

I guess your friend doesn't think this guy is a serious runner because he only got Olympic silver...look at the shoes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

The mostest of serious runners wear Hokas. You both should get some.

The mostest of serious runners wear Hokas. You both should get some.

Just do it

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

DaBurger

Your friend probably meant these.

Know thyself.

lucho29

Wow! I had no idea! Yeah, I'm going to get him (my friend) checking out this forum! That's incredible! I guess if Nike shoes are good enough for Olympic athletes, they should be good enough for me. Since I've got you guys here, let me propose one more question: What's a good shoe for a runner with thin feet?

I mean, I have REALLY thin feet and am looking for a shoe that will be good for daily training runs. Chuck Tailors are about the thinnest shoe out there (jokes, no worries), and not even those are thin enough for me. Interested in your responses! Thanks so much for helping out a newbie, guys. Let me know!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow! I had no idea! Yeah, I'm going to get him (my friend) checking out this forum! That's incredible! I guess if Nike shoes are good enough for Olympic athletes, they should be good enough for me. Since I've got you guys here, let me propose one more question: What's a good shoe for a runner with thin feet?

I mean, I have REALLY thin feet and am looking for a shoe that will be good for daily training runs. Chuck Tailors are about the thinnest shoe out there (jokes, no worries), and not even those are thin enough for me. Interested in your responses! Thanks so much for helping out a newbie, guys. Let me know!

Not sure about your stability needs, but the Free models are pretty narrow.  They weren't in previous years, but lately have been cut a lot slimmer.  I wear the men's (because I have a wide women's foot) and they're still really too snug, so I likely am off Nikes, now, since the Frees are the only ones I really like.

NB might have some narrow models, not sure.  I know they do wides in a lot of models.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Have you weighed them? This is critical.

What's a good shoe for a runner with thin feet?

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

runmichigan

Nike was the first major manufacturer of running shoes with the Nike Waffle.  They were a leader in  innovation in running shoes through the late 1980s and early 1990s along with Asics, Brooks, and Saucony.  Now there are a variety of "newer" running shoe companies that are leading the market.  Nike branched out into making shoes for many other sports and do not seem to put as much focus on their running shoe line.

Nike still makes good running shoes that a lot of runners swear by.  Your local running store may or may not carry them - since there are more brands, they tend to carry the ones that most runners in their area prefer.  You can always find them online and at the big box sporting goods stores, but you may not get the help you need in selecting the model you need.

rlopez

I wear hokas sometimes, and I'm the least serious runner on the planet.

#artbydmcbride

I wear hokas sometimes, and I'm the least serious runner on the planet.

I disagree.....I bet I am less serious than you! 

Runners run

FSBD

I disagree.....I bet I am less serious than you! 

Says the bad ass Ultra runner...

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

#artbydmcbride

hah!  but srlopez is going to do the grand slam of ultra running this year!  First up, Western States!

Runners run

Half Fanatic #846

What's a good shoe for a runner with thin feet? 

I mean, I have REALLY thin feet Let me know!

You can't run with feet that thin because they'll wear thru before you realize it.  The only reason I could even run barefooted at first was because my feet were really thick, but that's starting to wear on me.  Looks like I may have to get my barefoot shoes from a running store from now on.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Nike. Shoes of ill repute.

Liz

pace sera, sera