Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!.... (Read 463 times)

Not that I see any 14 ft "mountains" around here like Chenille has, but western Michigan is finally getting some more snow! Big grin We have a heavy snow warning combined with lake effect snow through tomorrow night at 7 p.m. and probably got about 4-5" of snow today onto of a pretty good base! Not a ton of snow, but the skiis and snowshoes are squealing!! Today as I was looking outside, the snowflakes were as big as cotton balls, just wafting down. It was sooo gorgeous out today! We're about 10 minutes from Lake Michigan, surround by 100 year old pines, so we've really enjoyed the snowfalls around here compared to where we moved from! It must have something to do with being so close to the lake, but the snowfalls are so magical around here! The flakes are huge and fluffy and they just swirl and twirl...gently floating down. Ok. *I* sound like I'm flaking out now, don't I!?? Big grin And dang it. We didn't have snow for Christmas, and NOW the Christmas spirit is kicking in!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Grrr....I do NOT want to run in this crap tomorrow AM. I am already dreading it. And it's COLD out there! I wish I had a treadmill. Next Winter I think I might join Thunderbolt for a few months, just to have somewhere to run indoors. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Grrr....I do NOT want to run in this crap tomorrow AM. I am already dreading it. And it's COLD out there! I wish I had a treadmill. Next Winter I think I might join Thunderbolt for a few months, just to have somewhere to run indoors. Tongue k
        (Christmas music comes to a crashing halt....) You know, as much as I h-a-t-e my treadmill, I've been talking pretty to it the last few days as it's prevented wet feet! It's just a cheapy but the belt moves! Have you tried looking for a used one at all? If you have the shopping savvy I think you have, you might be able to find a decent one pretty cheap. Might be a better investment than "renting" gym space a few months. And I know you're limited in space...maybe a fold up model?? Just an idea! Smile Modified to add...you can't access the White Lk Beacon's classifieds online anymore, but I think you can with the Chronicle and Grand Rapids Press classified. There's another paper that serves the Fremont area but can't remember what it's called right now. You might be able to find something local. And then there's always Ebay! Or, better yet, go grab a pair of snowshoes and come on over! Smile They're on sale everywhere right now!! Heck- you could use my husbands to try them out! I just got new ski boots & bindings, so my xcntry skiis are raring to go too! They haven't seen the light of day in at least 8 years. Tongue
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know, I really need to see what kind of deals I could get for new boots and bindings on my XC skis. That would be a fun way to spend a morning. I have really nice skis that I got in jr. high, but the bindings are those old 3-peg ones and my boots are too small, so I think it's time to look into some Salomen bindings and bigger boots. It IS beautiful outside and not too terribly cold (or at least the wind is calm). The bike path would be a pretty decent place to ski, I think, especially since the snowmobiles have packed things down a bit. I'd love to try snowshoeing, but I'll bet new boots and bindings for my skis would be cheaper (though snowshoing would probably be an even better, faster workout). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You know, I really need to see what kind of deals I could get for new boots and bindings on my XC skis. That would be a fun way to spend a morning. I have really nice skis that I got in jr. high, but the bindings are those old 3-peg ones and my boots are too small, so I think it's time to look into some Salomen bindings and bigger boots. It IS beautiful outside and not too terribly cold (or at least the wind is calm). The bike path would be a pretty decent place to ski, I think, especially since the snowmobiles have packed things down a bit. I'd love to try snowshoeing, but I'll bet new boots and bindings for my skis would be cheaper (though snowshoing would probably be an even better, faster workout). k
            Actually, it's 6 of one & 1/2 dozen of the other! I just spent about $27 on bindings and $60 on boots at the Outpost in Holland (went to Gazelle by the way!). My snowshoes were $99 at MC Sports but they're on sale for 25% off...maybe more now. I don't think they're getting more inventory as it's clearance time, but if they don't have what you need locally, they can call other stores and have it delivered to the local store. The $27 bindings were on sale, normally $40 I believe and the boots normally $100. I didn't work too hard at price shopping basically because it's too hard to find now. I'm trying to find the 3 peg for my son's skiis and only place I've found is Play it Again Sports. You might try there...although the one on Henry St. is moving and their inventory's low. BTW, Gazelle doesn't currently have skirts but she thinks they might soon. They carried Hind in the past. Endurance has New Balance right now and will get more in the coming months! Smile Modified again to add: Forgot your foot's like mine. That's why I had to buy boots too...mine were too small. I actually ended up getting the same size but the Outpost has Fischer brand and they run wider than what the older styles were. They tie on the inside then a stretchy material actually covers and zips over the laces so the snow stays out. What'll they think of next! Smile