Date Change (Read 257 times)

Hey, I live in Japan and just tried logging my run for this morning. It didn't show up on my graph and I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed that the date at the top is listed as Wednesday the 12th. It's already Thursday the 13th here. I have my location set to Japan and have never had this happen before. Did I accidentally do something wrong or change some setting without realizing it? 

Thanks a bunch! 

im in N Z and its thursday here too. I think you will find it shows up tomorrow. I just looked at your log and thursday is in there now.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

asdfsdaaas

spam
        eric :)

iloverunwods,

Do you live in Japan or did you just got there?  The site automatically detects your timezone from your computer so in theory if your computer's time is correct, then it will be reflected on RA.  However, I've seen cases where this is not the case. The site also stores your time zone information in case it can't detect the time zone the next time.

You can try logging out and then logging in again, which should force the site to detect your time zone again.  Also, which browser are you using?

eric Smile

I've been in Japan for over 2 years now. This isn't a recent change or anything like that. I tried logging out and logging back in and it's still the same. It's listed under workouts, but not included in my totals or anything because it's in the future. I'm using Safari. I can try Firefox though and see if that's different. 

Cat Herder

I had this issue today too. It's Sunday December 16, but on the RA page, it showed it's Saturday December 15, so my workout was in the future. After a while I noticed the date changed by itself, I guess it thought I was in another timezone.

I've been in Japan for over 2 years now. This isn't a recent change or anything like that. I tried logging out and logging back in and it's still the same. It's listed under workouts, but not included in my totals or anything because it's in the future. I'm using Safari. I can try Firefox though and see if that's different. 

I checked your account and RA thinks you're GMT +9.  Is this correct?

I had this issue today too. It's Sunday December 16, but on the RA page, it showed it's Saturday December 15, so my workout was in the future. After a while I noticed the date changed by itself, I guess it thought I was in another timezone.

This is a timezone problem.  Which browser are you using?

Cat Herder

This is a timezone problem.  Which browser are you using?

Chrome. The problem seems to have resolved itself since it's showing the correct date now. (It's Monday Dec 17, 5 AM. I was looking at RA same time yesterday.)