sweating in class (Read 2158 times)

I've posted before about being a heavy sweater. Well, I'm taking a boot camp class, and I sweat tons more than anyone, to the point I'm embarrassed. I wear a wicking ball cap, to keep the sweat at bay, and so far it's helped... Until, now when it's getting warmer... When I really sweat, it will pour off the bill of my cap (once it's completely saturated ).. Well, this past class, it happened. Toward the end of class, my sweat was pouring off the cap ( while doing pushups ) onto the gym floor. This is really gross, and sort of dangerous because it makes the floor wet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I bring a sweat hankie, and use it every chance I get. This is why I hate taking classes... The class starts again in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of not re joining due to this. Other people sweat, but not to the point where its dripping all over the place. I hate it so much!

- Anya

The subject line made me think you meant high school. I would sweat ALL the time then. Through T- and dress shirts. Aah, puberty/hormones etc. THAT was embarassing! For you: Switch the sweat hanky to a hand towel or something. Try not to be embarassed. You must just be working harder/putting more into it than those other slackers! Plus, I bet no one is really paying attention. Wear your sweat like a badge of honor. MTA: I'd be more embarassed of that alien-like head of yours Wink

Lazy idiot

I'd second what dnephin said, and use a hand towel instead of a hanky. I sweat a lot, too, and I always use one or two hand towels while working out.

Tick tock

protoplasm72

Bring a second hat and switch once one gets saturated. Cool

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Bring a second hat and switch once one gets saturated. Cool
            You know, I just of that, too. I'll try it out, Friday. Thanks all!

- Anya

Giants Fan

I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one who sweats this bad! I am always sweating tons more than those around me, I'm blaming hereditary, or just chance. I don't know what to tell you, I've also brought a shirt before and switched that. Good luck!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one who sweats this bad! I am always sweating tons more than those around me, I'm blaming hereditary, or just chance. I don't know what to tell you, I've also brought a shirt before and switched that. Good luck!
                My DW nickname for me is "Sweaty Sweaterson" so do not be embarrassed. If I run on the treadmill at the gym I actually sling sweat all over the display and watch out if I'm on the Elliptical or Row Machine! I really need to get some wristbands.... I agree that we're just working harder! The last time I was on the Row Machine there was a young lady next to me on an Arc Trainer chatting on her cell phone just barely moving her legs (High Intensity Workout --- No Chance).
                  My DW nickname for me is "Sweaty Sweaterson" so do not be embarrassed. If I run on the treadmill at the gym I actually sling sweat all over the display and watch out if I'm on the Elliptical or Row Machine! I really need to get some wristbands.... I agree that we're just working harder! The last time I was on the Row Machine there was a young lady next to me on an Arc Trainer chatting on her cell phone just barely moving her legs (High Intensity Workout --- No Chance).
                  Today at boot camp, we were doing pushups ( after tons of other things ) I was sweating so bad, I could barley stay put on the gym floor. My hands/arms were so bad!!! Thanks for making me feel better about the situation... And I did sign up for the second session ( and yes, it will be getting HOT in that gym ) Lord help me!

- Anya

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Buy a set of those shammys (sp?) they sell on late night TV that soak up a a full bottle of soda from the carpet, and line your hat with one. Works for me. Carry a second one to wipe your face arms etc.
                      Buy a set of those shammys (sp?) they sell on late night TV that soak up a a full bottle of soda from the carpet, and line your hat with one. Works for me. Carry a second one to wipe your face arms etc.
                      Oh, that's a great idea. My "hankie" just kind of gets wet and soggy. Maybe I'll do a search for the Shammy. Thanks!

- Anya

i was going to suggest a shammy - only i think they're technically spelled "chamois" if that helps you look for them online. those are the leather ones - you can find microfiber ones which are usually sold as "microfiber towel"s or "super-absorbent microfiber towels" etc. i sweat so much, too. not even just working out-- sometimes just sleeping in a warm room will mean i sweat enough to soak through to the mattress. it's nuts. it's also my body doing its thing, i guess, so whatever.
                          Honestly if anyone notices, they're not working hard enough. I sweat quite a bit too so I wear some seriously dorky looking headbands and get some odd looks - but whatever, it's better than sweat dripping into my eyes.
                          AZMikeG

I like sweating a lot when I go to the gym. It makes me feel like I worked harder than anyone else in there. Granted, it's different for every body, but I like knowing that I had more sweat on my shirt than anyone else.

Menace to Sobriety

I was doing a 1 hour run on the treadmill one day because it was pouring outside. There was so much sweat on the treadmill, one of the attendants came over and was looking at the ceiling, she thought the roof was leaking....true story. One thing I've found with the wicking fabrics is that they're not all that good indoors. If there is no air flow over you, the sweat doesn't effectively evaporate. It wicks off you fine, but just drips straight through to the floor. I just wear cotton t shirts inside, sometimes change for a long work out. At least the cotton holds it for a while.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

There was so much sweat on the treadmill, one of the attendants came over and was looking at the ceiling, she thought the roof was leaking....true story.
                                Big grin I wouldn't be so self conscience about your sweating. Just remember... The more you sweat the hotter you must be. Cool

Vim