Sub 3 based on my log (Read 129 times)

Scott Grove

Hello,

I'm running Steamtown on Oct 13.  Based on my training log,  what do you all think are my chances of running a sub 3?   In 2011 I ran a 303 but my training paces were faster then what they are in 2013.  But in 2013,  I have ran more miles, more MP miles and did some doubles.

Do you all think I trained as needed for a sub 3?

Thanks!

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/04dc95e8f2d54def82a97ceaeb0006b8

With a 1:23 half PR in August and consistent mileage I would say you are good to go if you run a smart race.  Good luck !

I agree with Flatfooter.  Good luck.

Netizen Kane

+1. Should be good for <3. Only caveat ( just my opinion, I'm no expert), I'd try to get in another 20miler before the taper? Good luck, you've put in a lot of work and deserve it.

Scott,

You can but I would not think about times.  Steamtown is a race that can destroy goals; the downhill is punishing.  Go for the typical 1/3 rule.  The first 1/3 of the race should feel like you have done no work.  The 2nd 1/3 should feel like you are working.  The last 1/3 should be whatever you have to do to hang on.

My 2:30s friend has never broken 3:00 at Steamtown due to his hopes of running in the 2:20s.