I won a beer mug! (Read 503 times)

PWL

Has been

Just ran a small local 5k sponsored by the Vasque shoe company. Small turn-out--somewhere around 75+/- runners I think. But I managed to finish 2nd in my age group and 15th overall. For this great honor I got....a beer mug! A wonderful addition to my training program! Cool

"I would never die for my beliefs, because I might be wrong."--Bertrand Russell

Needs more cowbell!

Ooh, that's WAY cool! I want a race beer mug! Big grin k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Congrats! Have you run the Lake Winnipesaukee relay? The first three teams in each age group win a pint glass with a Loon on it. Every runner knows what that Loon means and how hard it is to come by. I was on a 3rd place team one year and got one. Unfortunately it didn't survive a domestic accident. I mess that Loon glass. Today I ran a 5k at the Red Hook brewery in Portsmouth that gave out pint glasses to all participants because it was the 10th annual, which is cool. Plus a free beer to each runner. Even better!

Runners run.

PWL

Has been

No beer in mug. Cry And oddly enough, the winner of the 13-19 age group also got a "beer" mug. The guy handing them out decided to call them "soda" glasses at that point...

"I would never die for my beliefs, because I might be wrong."--Bertrand Russell

A Dance with Monkeys

Ooh, that's WAY cool! I want a race beer!
            Me too!!
              Unfortunately it didn't survive a domestic accident. I mess that Loon glass.
              Clowning around You sure did!!!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado