Anyone else riding the new wave of Beatlemania? (Read 712 times)

I have always riden the crest of Beatlemania   Always have & always will !!  Already have all their Cd's, several solo of each of them & even a couple of bootlegs.  But if we had it in our family budget (which we don't) I would still like the box sets for upcoming birthday, since most of my Beatle cd's are nearing the end of their lives from being played so much by meself & me daughters.

Outside Lane

I don't have the new boxed set or the new game (two kids in college - nuf said).  But I am always on that wave - two of the coolest Beatles things I have heard over the past few years are 1) the isolated tracks from Sgt Pepper (on Youtube or other sites on the web) - like just the guitar - or just the vocals) on songs like the title track, She's Leaving Home, and A Day in the Life, and 2) the unreleased song (actually a John song that never got the Anthology Threetle treatment like Free as a Bird and Real Love) called Now and Then (also on Youtube).  Some cool amazing stuff.

Saw a very cool program about the Vegas Love show the other day.  Never been to it (again, nuf said).

See how they run...

Goofy 2010

On other boards I'm known as MaccaRules... you decide

I actually just finished a round of Beatles Rock Band.  I don't think I'll pass the audition, but it sure is fun.

And sadly, not 15 minutes ago, the stereo boxset fell off my dresser, ripping the bottom open.  Ugggggg

mta:  I've actually been considering contacting Mark Lapidos to see how I would go about setting up a Fab 4k or Fab 4 mile race.  Speakers blaring the tunes, etc.

Angels Smiling Don't Stop Running

somebody stop the insanity!

They(can't even bring myself to type the name) may of been good at one time last century but have evolved into nothing more than a money-making cow preying on fading memories.  Please make it stop.

Goofy 2010

may of been good at one time last century

I still think they are better than a vast majority of what is released these days.  Even U2 let me down with their last release.

The insanity is stopped very easily, turn the channel

Angels Smiling Don't Stop Running

Imminent Catastrophe

They(can't even bring myself to type the name) may of been good at one time last century but have evolved into nothing more than a money-making cow preying on fading memories.  Please make it stop.

Please, Jeffgoblue or Beatlemaniac, rebut this silliness. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

somebody stop the insanity!

Haha.

Sorry, not even close.  You are thinking of The Rolling Stones.  Better luck next time.

run,  that's a great idea about a fab 4k.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Haha.

Sorry, not even close.  You are thinking of The Rolling Stones.  Better luck next time.

Well played.  The Stones have remastered some of their albums 4 times.  Did we even need one remaster of Goat's Head Soup, for Phelps sake?  And how many farewell tours can The Who go on, despite half their band being dead? (Though McCartney once joked that between what's left of the two bands, the surviving Beatles (bass and drums) and Who (guitar and lead vocals) have all the pieces to make a real nice band -- The Whootles.)

In my mind, the crown jewel of rock-and-roll back catalogs has finally gotten the respect it deserves, having not been remastered once since coming to CD in 1987, until now.  Technology has progressed enough over the last 22 years that it really does make a difference.  They really do sound better, sometimes breathtakingly so.

Now, those old albums were short enough that they could've fit both stereo and mono versions on the same disc in most cases.  That would've been nice, though possibly confusing for non-geeks/collectors, so through gritted teeth, I do see why the mono and stereo boxes are separate, even if I don't like it.  I think the only thing they've put out recently that was a purely superfluous cash-grab were the Capitol Albums (American versions) I mentioned earlier, which really have no historical value other than nostalgia.  

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

I still want to hold Something New in my hand.

(there's the straight line.  Someone tack on the joke.)

sir,   What do you see when you turn out the light?   I can't tell you but I  know it wont be mine!
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I still want to hold Something New in my hand.

It Won't Be Long

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

one two three four, can I have a little more 

ok I'm done with this