Seven day mileage (Read 828 times)

drrbradford

Seven day rolling mileage is a key stat to keep a track on. If you back-load one week and run 50 miles from Friday-Sunday and then front-load the next week with the same sort of numbers you're going to show two 50M weeks whereas you've actually run a 100M week. It's very useful to have on your diary since it can often explain why you're feeling particularly tired or why you may have picked up an injury or virus etc. 

I'm sure that somewhere on RA you can set up a rolling 7D mileage graph but personally I tend to use the calendar function the most. So, if you could somehow integrate 7D mileage into the calendar I'd be super duper happy. Maybe you could have a pop-up box when you mouse over the date which showed your daily miles and your 7D miles? Those two things would be really useful to me since I'm normally doing 2-4 shorter runs every day (commuting to university + morning runs + evening club runs).

Yes, Eric already has 7 day total that is available on the summary page.   I have it included in my log.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

L Train

Now those are some tights.

Why is it sideways?

PRs aren't too shabby, either.

Need to have those PR's to rock that style

I like that the sponsor on the bib is "THE OUTBACK SPORTS BAR"  When I was in Scotland I ran for Aberdeen Uni, but Glasgow was a much better team.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

I agree with the OP. Rolling run totals are a great way to track your last few days. The last few days often explain how you're feeling today in a way that's more realistic than looking at old static weekly totals. I don't use it like a mystical training tool, but it has been useful on occasion to remind me that I might be over or undertraining midweek even though my weekly totals wouldn't support the argument.

MTA: You can always run a report for any period of days.

DoppleBock

Although I agree completely with what you said - 3 or 4 days of blasting out mileage does not burn me out near as much as grinding it out week after week.  It does help to monitor it, but when I count my best weeks mileage I would do it on a calendar week and not a 7 day rolling average.  Just me. 

Seven day rolling mileage is a key stat to keep a track on. If you back-load one week and run 50 miles from Friday-Sunday and then front-load the next week with the same sort of numbers you're going to show two 50M weeks whereas you've actually run a 100M week. It's very useful to have on your diary since it can often explain why you're feeling particularly tired or why you may have picked up an injury or virus etc. 

I'm sure that somewhere on RA you can set up a rolling 7D mileage graph but personally I tend to use the calendar function the most. So, if you could somehow integrate 7D mileage into the calendar I'd be super duper happy. Maybe you could have a pop-up box when you mouse over the date which showed your daily miles and your 7D miles? Those two things would be really useful to me since I'm normally doing 2-4 shorter runs every day (commuting to university + morning runs + evening club runs).

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

giddy-yup

The rolling 7D mileage graph is something I have interest in also.  I wrote eric Smile about this in a message a while back.  Here's how he responded:

"As for cumulative totals, that's something I need to work on.  I'm not sure how to do it in a generalized way yet.  No other sites allows you to create custom graphs like RA can because it's actually really hard to do.  Creating cumulative totals for one particular metric is easy but I need it to be generic enough that you can do it with other metrics.  I'll look into it when I have more time."

+1 for integrating 7D mileage into the calendar function also.  Whether it can be done and/or eric Smile has time for it, the report tools and graphs are fabulous and eric Smile rules.

Yeah, this does seem like a good idea. I just noticed that I have run 54 miles in the last 7 days.

eric :)

drrbradford,

The 7 day rolling stats is probably the best you can do for now.  A 7 day rolling graph is harder to create, mostly because it's hard to integrate it into the current code base but that's a different story.

eric :-)