Marathon tomorrow not fit (Read 338 times)

joescott

Leopold, I hope everything is OK with you & that you get to do another one soon.

Weirdly, someone also apparently scheduled another race right along part of the marathon route--bad timing indeed).

I saw this also near MANU.  Yes, very weird!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Good job to everyone here who ran and thanks to Joe who volunteered at the aid station.

The kid has bronchiolitis but going to be fine.  It is going around.

doctorjen

Was really nice out there today--cold, but no wind at all--they had guys out there early AM sweeping water and debris off the trail, which was great. 

Dude, where were you that there was no wind?  My favorite was right after mile 7 which featured uphill and a headwind.

Great race, though.  Fabulous volunteers.  Cool medal.  Yummy post race pasta.  I had a PR, but not my pie in the sky goal (which was unrealistic, so it's all good.)  Thanks to joescott for being out there.  By your aid station I was so tired I couldn't even make eye contact, let alone pick up a drink, but I sure appreciated everyone out there today!

Leopold, hope your baby is feeling better soon.

Mysecondnewname

Dude, where were you that there was no wind?  My favorite was right after mile 7 which featured uphill and a headwind.

Great race, though.  Fabulous volunteers.  Cool medal.  Yummy post race pasta.  I had a PR, but not my pie in the sky goal (which was unrealistic, so it's all good.)  Thanks to joescott for being out there.  By your aid station I was so tired I couldn't even make eye contact, let alone pick up a drink, but I sure appreciated everyone out there today!

Leopold, hope your baby is feeling better soon.

Hey, docjen--congrats on the PR!  Strong work!

My bad--I meant to say there was very little wind on the part of the course where it is usually really bad (last 3 miles after you come out of the woods).  I came through there pretty early on a long run before the race leaders got there, so perhaps it picked up later.

I have already spent the $100 for the Oz marathon in KS.

Shit!  That's one of the main reasons, I say "no" to marathons.  If I want to run 20 plus miles, I can do it when I want for no charge.