NordicTrack treadmill issue (Read 125 times)

ebizash

I'm not sure the difference between the two levels, aside from the extra year you'd need to read the differences.  I've never heard of a coupon code for these but that doesn't mean there isn't.  I've seen them give it cheaper if you buy it with the machine or within a defined period after.

The premier offers some additional in-home preventive maintenance kind of things.  I got this info from this link - https://www.utserv.com/UTS/categoryServicePlanTypeView.do?equipmentType=treadmills

Includes all features from the STANDARD WARRANTY
    PLUS...

• Annual In-Home Performance Check
    • Lubricate pulleys, belts, and all moveable parts
    • Test motor controller and calibrate console
    • Inspect all potential excessive wear locations
    • Confirm proper operation through all speeds and resistance
    • Check and calibrate SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

We went with the five-year plan - I'm glad we did, since we use the treadmill so much.  I don't want to buy a new one yet!

ebizash

I received the console and handle bar today but there are absolutely no instructions on how to replace them.  Does anyone know of a video or text instructions somewhere?

Feeling the growl again

I received the console and handle bar today but there are absolutely no instructions on how to replace them.  Does anyone know of a video or text instructions somewhere?

Did they send you just the smaller console part, or it sounds like the whole assembly with the HRM bars?

I did not have your exact model, but all modern treadmills are put together similarly.  There is likely a panel you can unscrew on back to expose the wiring connections.  Take this off, draw a map of the connections and which wires connect to what.  Undo the couplers.  There will be screws on back to unscrew the console from the rest of the machine, just take them out and pop it off.  Reverse these steps to install the new one.

If they sent you a larger assembly with the HRM bars, it may connect to wires that run into the arms on the treadmill for other adjustment buttons (again, I can't picture your exact machine).  Just look for the bolts/screws that hold that part of the unit on, take them off, and disconnect any wires you encounter while noting what connects to what.

Don't be intimidated, it's not rocket science.  If you call customer service they will likely be willing to walk you through it.  I've had them on the phone for an hour working on it before.  It's cheaper for them to do that than pay for a service call by a tech, so they do it.

If they won't help you, post pics and I'll do what I can for you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

ebizash

Thanks spaniel for your offer of help.  I may take you up on that if I am not able to figure it out over the weekend.

My model number is C900 pro (NTL99011).  They sent me the following two parts;

318890 - CNSL,ETS999311,ARPS
            324647 - ECA,ETS999311,PULSE ASSY,V2

Feeling the growl again

The part numbers don't help me (I'm just another runner), but I looked up a pic of your model.  The squarish electronic display should screw off from the back separately, as I described earlier.  Looks like the handles you are referencing are the "inside" handles with the HRM....mine wasn't built quite like that but again there should be screws on the bottom or back to take that off...just remember what wires go where.  Typically they are hard to get wrong.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills