Anyone in Southern California post here! (Read 585 times)

HermosaBoy

Used to be -- now in Minnesota (won't talk about freshness of ass...).

Hi Ilene...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

#artbydmcbride

Hi hermosaboy!  Blush   We can talk about yo ass.........Big grin  (its fast!)

Runners run

Meat Wagon

Puker

That should keep it fresher though.....

Yeah, but...

June gloom > June icefishing

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Arimathea

Tessa

Whoa. There's another Tessa from Southern California on this board? I rarely meet anyone with the same given name.

I mostly hang in women's over-40 on RW and women's on runango, but do post in the RW California forums also. Where in Los Angeles are you, Ilene? I work downtown (8th and Figueroa) and live and run in Santa Clarita.

And no I'm not doing Surf City. Running neighbour is, though. My spring schedule includes Calico, Diamond Valley Lake, and Leona Divide.

NorNev

Grew up in Santa Barbara...wish I was still there

#artbydmcbride

Arimathea!  I am in the South Bay.  I ran the Santa Clarita half marathon!  I love that race.  Smile

Runners run

tessasnewlife

Whoa. There's another Tessa from Southern California on this board? I rarely meet anyone with the same given name.

I mostly hang in women's over-40 on RW and women's on runango, but do post in the RW California forums also. Where in Los Angeles are you, Ilene? I work downtown (8th and Figueroa) and live and run in Santa Clarita.

And no I'm not doing Surf City. Running neighbour is, though. My spring schedule includes Calico, Diamond Valley Lake, and Leona Divide.

Sorry to burst the bubble but my real name isn't Tessa, was going to be when I changed kit but plans change.

#artbydmcbride

So Arimathea gets to stay as sole Tessa in SoCal.  Smile 

The color run 5k, hey?   Big grin   I won't snigger, it may be fun. 

Runners run

Arimathea

Tessa

Nope, not the colour run. Calico. You know how when you take I-15 to Las Vegas, you go through Barstow, get ready for a long slog through the desert with only the World's Largest Thermometer in Baker to distract you, and then you see signs for Calico Ghost Town about 6-7 miles past Barstow and wonder who would stop there?

Crazy runners, that's who. It's a 30/50K and while you will definitely come back dusty, it will not be because you paid good money to have people throw paint pigment at you. (I could get that for free by volunteering to teach the elementary grades at Sunday School.) It will be because you spent the day slogging up and down (and up and down and up and down) dusty hills at the edge of the Mojave Desert.

http://www.calicotrailrun.org/

It's a challenging race but a fun one. Interested?

And I was at Santa Clarita also, glad you liked the half!

So Arimathea is Tessa and tessasnewlife is....?

#artbydmcbride

Yeah, it is tessasnewlife who is doing the color run 5k.....giggle.....You lost me driving out the I-15......Big grin.......Though I have fond memories of the Valley of Fire race..that may be a calico race too.

tessasnewlife...I am intrigued, have you switched teams?

Runners run

tessasnewlife

Switched teams? I'm lost.

Its not so much the color run- but the color mob- So more a mob mentality? I don't know it was half off on groupon and sounded like fun. Is there something I'm missing on why its so funny?

#artbydmcbride

Sorry to burst the bubble but my real name isn't Tessa, was going to be when I changed kit but plans change.

Sorry, I wasn't sure what this meant.

Color run, color mob....the idea of paying money to run while people throw colors at you....I don't mean to offend you but you don't find this funny?

What are we?
                          We are the Color Mob 5k! Five crazy kilometers of colorful colors slung at a canvas of runners who want nothing more than to be a living piece of abstract art. And when the running is done and you need more fun, music and a beer garden conveniently grace the finish line.

Who are you?
                          You are fun. You are exciting. You are outgoing and ambitious. Normal isn’t your cup of tea. You wear costumes for fun and your friends follow suit. You’re a Color Mobster. We were made for each other.

Runners run

tessasnewlife

Not offended, just sounds like a fun event to do with some friends. I'm not really a competitive person. I much more like the willy wonka idea from color run though. I

Name meaning: I was widowed at 26- my family decided they all knew what and how I should do things (though none of them had been through it) and I got annoyed and decided once my mom passed away I was going to change my name (friend gave me the name Tessa) and move out of state and they would never be able to find me again- hence "new life" I also started exercising about 6 months after my husband died and have lost about 40 lbs since my highest weight after he passed. Not so exciting like a sex change.

#artbydmcbride

Still exciting!  Welcome to your new life.  Smile

Runners run

Arimathea

Tessa

Not offended, just sounds like a fun event to do with some friends. I'm not really a competitive person. I much more like the willy wonka idea from color run though. I

Name meaning: I was widowed at 26- my family decided they all knew what and how I should do things (though none of them had been through it) and I got annoyed and decided once my mom passed away I was going to change my name (friend gave me the name Tessa) and move out of state and they would never be able to find me again- hence "new life" I also started exercising about 6 months after my husband died and have lost about 40 lbs since my highest weight after he passed. Not so exciting like a sex change.

Enjoy the colourful race! (And I'm sure there'll be some colourful language involved too.)

Congratulations on the weight loss, condolences on the loss of your husband. And if you do decide to adopt the name Tessa, be aware that you will wind up spelling it a lot, telling many people that your name is not Teresa, and trying to avoid the nickname "Tess". But still, I like it.