Anyone in Southern California post here! (Read 585 times)

tessasnewlife

Thanks Tessa. I know all about the spelling your name. Nicole is apparently VERY hard to spell. Probably not following through with my plans to run away and change my name now. I think my family got the hint finally, and pretty much leave me to do my own thing while not so silently judging me to each other.. But obviously you can't plan life, so maybe I'll be the next Tessa- How is that hard to spell? How do they try to spell it?

aalpenia

San Diego!  Anyone doing the RnR training program with SDTC?

San Diego!  Anyone doing the RnR training program with SDTC?

I'm in San Diego too, but no RnR training for me.  Which race?

Arimathea

Tessa

Thanks Tessa. I know all about the spelling your name. Nicole is apparently VERY hard to spell. Probably not following through with my plans to run away and change my name now. I think my family got the hint finally, and pretty much leave me to do my own thing while not so silently judging me to each other.. But obviously you can't plan life, so maybe I'll be the next Tessa- How is that hard to spell? How do they try to spell it?

Tisa, Tesa, Tresa, Tesse, Tess, Tessy, Tessie...you name it.

Somebody has a hard time spelling Nicole? Geez.

I'm displaced for college atm, but i'm from north SD county/South Riverside county.

PR's
            800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

#artbydmcbride

I'm displaced for college atm, but i'm from north SD county/South Riverside county.

Dang you are out in the sticks.  Nice running areas, do you have to watch out for wild life?  Smile

Runners run

Arimathea

Tessa

I think most of us have to watch out for wildlife wherever we are in SoCA.

I was about 6' away from a good sized coyote while out on yesterday morning's run.  (He was successfully shooed away and took off up the hill, but I think my loud-voiced objection to his assessment of me as potential breakfast caused the sheriffs to be called by at least one rudely awakened neighbour.)

You Rang?

I'm in SoCal too.  I'm in Huntington Beach.  I'm running the Surf City Half, The Coaster Run 5k at KBF and the Disneyland Half.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

tessasnewlife

I think most of us have to watch out for wildlife wherever we are in SoCA.

I was about 6' away from a good sized coyote while out on yesterday morning's run.  (He was successfully shooed away and took off up the hill, but I think my loud-voiced objection to his assessment of me as potential breakfast caused the sheriffs to be called by at least one rudely awakened neighbour.)

We have signs up all over the place about a coyote that ate someone's small dog out of their backyard. I live a couple blocks from the back bay so I expect it and don't let me dogs outside without supervision. Granted they are as big as a coyote but also afraid of tables and their own shadows, so can't be too careful.

#artbydmcbride

I'm in SoCal too.  I'm in Huntington Beach.  I'm running the Surf City Half, The Coaster Run 5k at KBF and the Disneyland Half.

Cool!  You can come out and train on Saturdays with us if you want.  7 am in front of Joe's Crab Shack, Marina drive, in Long Beach. 

Runners run

GabrielleB

Howdy! I just joined the forum yesterday. I'm from Long Beach but live in Huntington. I'll be at the Surf City Half, as usual. It will be my first race since I sprained my ankle (high ankle!) back in August.

Ultra Cowboy

Ilene, I'll be in Santa Ana in a couple of weeks and I'm scheduled for a 20 mile trail run that Sunday.  I was thinking about Malibu, but I'd entertain suggestions for something closer...

WYBMADIITY

Save

#artbydmcbride

Rocky, you would enjoy running at El Morro/Crystal Cove near Laguna Coast more!  Smile

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Crystal+Cove&state=CA

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Howdy! I just joined the forum yesterday. I'm from Long Beach but live in Huntington. I'll be at the Surf City Half, as usual. It will be my first race since I sprained my ankle (high ankle!) back in August.

Welcome Gabrielle!   We are doing a training run this Saturday for Surf City half and full runners.  We are going to meet at 7 am at Warner and PCH in the parking lot by the Jack in the Box.  Big grin  Come meet up!

Runners run

Ultra Cowboy

Rocky, you would enjoy running at El Morro/Crystal Cove near Laguna Coast more!  Smile

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Crystal+Cove&state=CA

So are you going to tell me which trails in LCWP and CCSP I should run or are you going to show me in person?

WYBMADIITY

Save