Anyone in Southern California post here! (Read 585 times)

GabrielleB

Welcome Gabrielle!   We are doing a training run this Saturday for Surf City half and full runners.  We are going to meet at 7 am at Warner and PCH in the parking lot by the Jack in the Box.  Big grin  Come meet up!

Thanks!

I live right around the corner! How long/far will you run? I might join you! Is this a weekly thing?

#artbydmcbride

Yes, every Saturday.  Next week, we will run from Joe's Crab Shack on Marina Dr, but this week is Huntington Beach bike path.  I think we are running 8 or 18 depending on what you are training for.   But you can shorten or lengthen the run since it is an out and back.  Smile

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

So are you going to tell me which trails in LCWP and CCSP I should run or are you going to show me in person?

20 miles of trails?    I better just tell you.   Cool   How tough do you want it?   Wink

Runners run

Ultra Cowboy

Try to keep it under 4 hours and 4000 feet of elevation gain... Some nice scenery would be nice also (human or landscape).

WYBMADIITY

Save

GabrielleB

Yes, every Saturday.  Next week, we will run from Joe's Crab Shack on Marina Dr, but this week is Huntington Beach bike path.  I think we are running 8 or 18 depending on what you are training for.   But you can shorten or lengthen the run since it is an out and back.  Smile

Count me in then! I have to be home about 8:45 a.m. so that should work great.  Any distance between 8 and 12 will serve me well for the half.

Joe's Crab Shack is only a few minutes away, so if I can, I'll make this a regular thing. Smile

Are you also running Surf City? Full or half?

#artbydmcbride

I'm running the full.  I like to get my money's worth.  Big grin

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Try to keep it under 4 hours and 4000 feet of elevation gain... Some nice scenery would be nice also (human or landscape).

I'll send you some info.  The winter is good since the snakes are hibernating.  Cool

Runners run

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Here is North OC, Anaheim Hills.  Funny reading posts from people leaving SoCal for Minnesota since I left there to reside is SoCal.  Ten years freezing my **s off was enough, thanks.

sugnim

I'm not in SoCal, but I hope to visit family there in March & do the Dana Point Festival of Whales Grunion Run 10K.  Anyone else gonna run it?  Or, has anyone run it in the past?

#artbydmcbride

I've never run that one!   I've only done the Turkey trot in Dana Point.

Runners run

GabrielleB

Ilene?Forward! I am coming to run with your gang in the morning! Look out!

#artbydmcbride

Smile  So fun running with you Gabrielle!  Thank you for joining me.  See you next week too!

Runners run

GabrielleB

What a great fun run! Thank you! Everyone was so warm and welcoming--especially you! I will definitely see you next Saturday. Smile

I've needed to make some adjustments to my running habits--making it more social is one of my goals. Today was a great start. This site is also helping me run with a bit more focus. Good things to come in 2013.

#artbydmcbride

Excellent!  Cool

Runners run

GabrielleB

Ilene, do you run Signal Hill? If so, I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morn. Smile