I love infographics (Read 3533 times)

50 halfs by age 50

Snake oil? Scientific evidence for health supplements

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Based on the last two, I can turn my whole life around.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

2013 Goal: Make 3:00:16 go away - FAIL.

2014 Goal: Make 3:00:16 go away.

A Dance with Monkeys

From here.

an amazing likeness

Boy...the folks in West-by-God-Virginia sort of got hosed...

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Boy...the folks in West-by-God-Virginia sort of got hosed...

same goes for Ar-Kansas

In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white&fb_source=message

Best Present Ever

and the one in Virginia is run by people who do such a poor job that almost no local runners ever run it.  It's the only race in town where I know almost none of the runners.  

Imminent Catastrophe

How about Illinois thru New Jersey?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

"Stunning", "scenic" and "Hartford" do not belong together.

Runners run.

xor

Yeah, that was the first of several on the list that made me chuckle. However, they seem to be glommed onto road marathons and CT doesn't have a lot of choices.

Whidbey Island in my state made me chuckle too.  Don't travel here for that one.

I kind of liked Marshall.  There are cooler ones in WV now, but there weren't for awhile, so that was the first one I ran.  It was alright.

They DID pick Crater Lake (OR) and Estes Park (CO), which are my "top two hardest road marathons in the US".  And Monkey just for fun.  But thankfully not hateful Grandfather Mountain.

As for the graphics, the weird dropped 0 in 50... I guess that's "jaw dropping".  I guess.

Got Hills?

Yeah, that was the first of several on the list that made me chuckle. However, they seem to be glommed onto road marathons and CT doesn't have a lot of choices.

Indeed!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I have never run Hartford (and I'm not likely to...ever) but several people I know have, and have mentioned that is one of the worst they have run, or, near the bottom.

Jeff