Torn Hip Labrum - advice, recovery and experiences (Read 1147 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Today, while I was working, I noted I was having groin pain on the same side and I realized that I have experienced that before and never really thought twice about it. The more I learn about this the more I am convinced it is the problem. I am waiting for the MRI to be scheduled (waiting for insurance approval) and then I am going to move the ortho appt up so I can get this show on the road. I just want it to get better.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Hip Redux

My only suggestion would be to ask for the MRA (which if they are looking for a labrum tear, they should).  The MRI can miss the tear.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I made the suggestion for the MRA when I called the MD yesterday. I am waiting to hear back on insurance approval for the procedure.

Hip Redux

Good luck!!

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

MRA is tomorrow. I'm mildly terrified.

Hip Redux

MRA is tomorrow. I'm mildly terrified.

Are you OK with needles?   It really wasn't bad.   The worst part was being naked from the waist down in front of a very handsome doctor.  

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I had no problem with the corticosteroid injection when they thought it was bursitis. I'm mostly concerned about the pain with the location of this needle. I know they will numb it up but I am hearing of instances where it was painless to horrifically painful. I'm slightly freaked out. Otherwise, I am fine with needles (I stab people for a living, I'm a nurse).

Hip Redux

It was only painful after - lots of fluid in the joint left me with my worst flare up pre-op.   But the procedure itself was really easy.   Of course, I'm sure some have bad experiences, but I really doubt you'll have any issues!

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Ugh, I wonder if I should harass my ortho tomorrow for something for pain after, or did naproxen/ibuprofen help you?

Hip Redux

I had the strong stuff on hand, but I just took ibuprofen.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

And I didn't have any pain from the procedure, so it's hard to say how you will feel.  I hope it goes well for you!

Running is dumb.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I am pretty pissed. I drove almost two hours to my appointment and they called as I was pulling into the parking lot. The fluoroscope broke. I am waiting around to see if it will be fixed today but tentatively have been rescheduled for Friday.

Hip Redux

Oh, that sucks!

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm glad I waited around, the fluoro was fixed and they got me in. The needlestick kind of sucked, he kept hitting a nerve. The radiologist was very nice and gentle but it still sucked. The MRI part wasn't a big deal. I have my images and am looking at them but I have no idea what I am looking at. lol I see the ortho next Thursday.

My hip is stiff as hell now.

Hip Redux

Oh, that's good.  I used to have my MRA as my profile pic, but it's not anymore, that would show you what a tear can look like.  I'll see if I can find it lol