Torn Hip Labrum - advice, recovery and experiences (Read 1147 times)

Hip Redux

I'm starting to come to grips with the possibility that my other hip is jacked up Sad   I'm holding out a teeny bit of help that it's just a tight psoas.

I have a 10k on sunday.   My run on Wednesday sucked so I took the rest of the week off... we'll see how this weekend goes.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm starting to come to grips with the possibility that my other hip is jacked up Sad   I'm holding out a teeny bit of help that it's just a tight psoas.

I have a 10k on sunday.   My run on Wednesday sucked so I took the rest of the week off... we'll see how this weekend goes.

Ugh that sucks. Sad I hope it's just the psoas. Fingers crossed.

Doc and PT cleared me to do a return to run program so over the last two weeks I have been doing very slow run/walks. They are...weird. I'm trying to not over do it but it's hard, especially Wednesday when it felt SO good. I am doing a run walk every other day and doing the bike every other day (so alternating).

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Dmlc

Well im doing ok. The past few weeks haven't been the greatest. I was making all these improvements and then I started feeling like I was at a stand still. Still can't stand more than 20 minutes without pain and can't walk more than a block without limping. I've been getting some nerve pain down the back of my leg and butt and have been feeling some of my old pain which was kind of depressing. I do have a lot of si issues so we are trying to take care of that as well. I saw my doctor yesterday and he recommended doing what my PT suggested which is a si injection so we can completely focus on the hip right now. If things don't settle down then I might get a hip injection as well Sad ugh what a mess! So I'm trying to stay positive and keep myself busy since I'm not supposed to go back to work until July 8. I hope everyone else is doing good. How's your running going ?

cpresson

My hip is doing well, I think. I get to ditch the crutches after Monday, so I'll be able to drive again. The PT is happy with my range of motion and I got to get on the bike Thursday at therapy. It felt pretty good Smile

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Well im doing ok. The past few weeks haven't been the greatest. I was making all these improvements and then I started feeling like I was at a stand still. Still can't stand more than 20 minutes without pain and can't walk more than a block without limping. I've been getting some nerve pain down the back of my leg and butt and have been feeling some of my old pain which was kind of depressing. I do have a lot of si issues so we are trying to take care of that as well. I saw my doctor yesterday and he recommended doing what my PT suggested which is a si injection so we can completely focus on the hip right now. If things don't settle down then I might get a hip injection as well Sad ugh what a mess! So I'm trying to stay positive and keep myself busy since I'm not supposed to go back to work until July 8. I hope everyone else is doing good. How's your running going ?

Don't get down. With this surgery it seems like one step forward and two steps back. When I was around 6-8 weeks I was sure I was never going to run again. I was so depressed. It will get better. Hang in there!

Dmlc

Don't get down. With this surgery it seems like one step forward and two steps back. When I was around 6-8 weeks I was sure I was never going to run again. I was so depressed. It will get better. Hang in there!

Thanks, it makes me feel better hearing that.

cpresson

Just got the news today--my insurance company's decision to not cover my surgery was overturned by an external review agency! So all is good--thank God Smile Such a relief!!

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Just got the news today--my insurance company's decision to not cover my surgery was overturned by an external review agency! So all is good--thank God Smile Such a relief!!

Oh wow! Thank goodness.

Hip Redux

Great news, Cpresson!

stfuandrun - how goes the return to running?

I scheduled my ortho appt for the other hip.  He can't see me until July 15th.  And won't order the MRI ahead of time.   Argh, I hate this process!

shu_runner

I scheduled my ortho appt for the other hip.  He can't see me until July 15th.  And won't order the MRI ahead of time.   Argh, I hate this process!

Oski-  My husband isn't far behind you.  He has an appointment for his other hip coming up, too.  He started getting pain almost immediately after resuming close to normal activities and a run/walk program.  I feel for you guys.  Such a long frustrating process.   Good luck at your appointment.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ugh.  I'm sorry again, Oski.  And that sucks about Mr. Shu too.  Glad to hear that the newly operated on seem to be healing nicely!

So far my "good" hip has been fine.  Who knows how well my operated hip could be doing with running at this point, but I'm coming up on 3 months on this foot injury.  So much for running this year. 

Running is dumb.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Oski, that sucks. I'm sorry. Sad

My return to running is...interesting. Like this whole process, it seems to be one step forward, two steps back. Although I took several days off in a row and then ran 2 miles without walking (very, very slowly) and did pretty well with it after. I'm pretty much itching to get back to normal. lol

Hip Redux

I had several starts and stops returning to running.  First, hip pain.  Then what I think was some bursitis.  And then when the operated hip started to feel good, the other hip started to hurt.   BUT the good thing is the repaired hip is really doing awesome all things considered.  A few tweaks here or there now but overall - I am so glad I had it fixed.  It was just a long ass process to get there though.

I just hope that means the other hip will be as successful, if I end up with the same diagnosis.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Today is a bad day. It was a rough day at work with lots of driving so my butt is bugging me and I have some groin pain. I am, of course, out of heavy meds and don't see the doc until Monday. Ugh. Whiskey is getting me through it. lol

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I saw the doc and he gave me an injection, hopefully it helps.