Option for concise list of Group Names (Read 701 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My suggestion is for a way to list the Group names only, in addition to the current view. For example, when one selects "Training Groups", one is greeted with 6 pages groups and their descriptions. Which is great and all, but a bit much to wade through. It would be nice to also have a "concise" view, which just showed the group names, all on one page. Mind you, I don't think it would be that constructive to view all groups this way, just groups within the 6 main categories. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

Hey Jeff, I'll consider it. My reservation is that you may not know what the group's about by looking at its name. What do you wish to accomplish with this list? eric Smile
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey Jeff, I'll consider it. My reservation is that you may not know what the group's about by looking at its name. What do you wish to accomplish with this list? eric Smile
        I think of it as a secondary option, not the primary view. Agree that the name doesn't tell the whole story. Being able to quickly look at the whole list for a given category will a) make it easier and faster to identify groups and b) reduce creation of redundant groups because it will be easier to see what's already out there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

Alternatively, there should be a "user's guide" page containing groups that may interest everyone. I prefer this approach more because having a name only view doesn't help when there are hundreds of groups. With a guide, you can see what's relevant quickly. The only problem is how do you determine which group goes in there...