One Race a Month - CHALLENGE - January (Read 855 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Who's IN (feel free to join!) and let me know if I missed you: PowerOfQ - DONE (1/26) MandyS - DONE ( 1/8 ) antihero - (1/16) Ileneforward PrinceJ - (1/27) rgreen45 KennyRun - (1/12) Aamos (running a Mary a month... Shocked) BadBadBadBadDawg - DONE (1/1) RuN26.2 ajha - DONE (1/1) Mississippi Runner67 sholtsman - (1/12) mcg - DONE (1/1) soccamom - (1/19) RunningSister - (1/26) I tried a tri HoosierDaddy - (1/13) jeffdonahue - DONE (1/16) Lifesabeach - DONE (1/20) Ok folks - Just let everyone know the following things about your race for the month (and feel free to add more if you'd like): 1) When 2) Location 3) Name of race 4) Distance 5) Goal or goal time Also, stop over to the Virtual Racers forum (http://www.runningahead.com/groups/virtual/Forum) and log your results. At the end of the month I'll see how many people made it to a race and report back! GOOD LUCK!!! MTA: Update dates races were completed

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

At a minimum, I'll run the January 2008 Tidal Basin 3K on the national mall here in Washington, DC. It's January 16th at noon. As always, the third Wednesday of the month. Goal time is to set a new PR, so faster than 11:31.

sean

First up for me is the Olympic Harriers Mizuno 5k. 8th January down on the Wellington Waterfront (lets hope its not windy!) PR for 5k is 22.29. I feel like I might be in shape to get very close or beat that. Lets say target of 22.20 Later in the month is the Loaded Hog 5k on 29th Jan. Thats also down on the waterfront. The Loaded Hog races are a regular 5k series so you'll see me doing a few of these. No time target for this one yet - I'll set it after the first one.
          Q, Talk about a tough challenge. My race got cancelled due to snow this morning. Undecided
            I'd like to try this. I'll have to look ahead and see what races I can find to see what odds are of my actually being able to do this. Sounds like fun! Smile

Michelle

...---...

I'd like to do this too. SInce I'm kind of new to the racing gig, I'm not sure what races are available down the road (especially in summer when temps are hitting in the 90's). I do have races picked out Jan - April so far. I've registered for a 5K this month and a HM in March. There's one in Hilton Head I could drive down for in Feb and intend on doin the Cooper River Bridge Run in April. By then, other races should shake out. At a minimum, I could do my own little neighbirhood 5K Smile

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

ajha

Okay I did my first race today January 1. It was First Run in Burlington, Vermont. My time was 28:03. My goal was to be somewhere in the "8s" per mile. I didn't quite do it.
                  Oops, posted this on the original ORAM thread, I'll get the hang of it eventually. Ran the Run Your Hangover Off 5 Miler in 36:14 today. Think I found my March race today, the Stu's 30K on 3/2.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Think Whirled Peas

ajha and BadDawg - WELL DONE!!!! MTA-'cause I can't spell

Think Whirled Peas

Q, Talk about a tough challenge. My race got cancelled due to snow this morning. Undecided
                      DOH...how much snow didja get?!?!?

Sign me up. 1) When: January 12 2) Where: St. Louis 3) Name: St. Louis Track Club Frostbite Series 4) Distance: 20k 5) Goal: It's the day after my birthday, so I just hope I'm not running hungover, or worse yet, still drunk. Sara
                        mcg

I'm in... 1) When-January 1st 2) Location-Nashville, TN 3) Name of race-Resolution Run 4) Distance-5K 5) Goal or goal time-chip time 29:23 Now I have to find one in Feb!
                          Run for your life!
                            1) When: January 27th 2) Location :Central Park, New York City 3) Name of race: Manhattan Half Marathon presented by Continental Airlines 4) Distance: 13.1 5) Goal or goal time: 1:58:00
                            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                              I'll play! This is racing season down here in FLA!! 1) When - January 19th 2) Location - St. Pete Beach, FL 3) Name of race - St. Pete Beach Classic 4) Distance - 5K 5) Goal or goal time - Oh, to break 30 minutes <sigh> Lisa </sigh>
                              I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter
                              RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Count me in! Should be interesting to see if I can do it! 1) When--January 26 2) Location --Winter Park, FL 3) Name of race--Seasons 52 Park Avenue 5 K 4) Distance--5K 5) Goal or goal time--Less than 26:00 Thanks for the great thread Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~