running and having to take a dump (Read 3077 times)

A sock works in a pinch. Desperate times call for desperate measures...
      Leaves of 3, leave 'em be...or somethin' like that.
      Make sure those leaves aren't poison ivy! Had an issue w/that once! Surprised
      Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
        I normally cant stop laughing when reading these types of strings (FUNNY, but a real problem too) - they are true and YES it happens to us all. I'm usually OK and dont have this problem unless I go on an early morning run, just after my morning cup of coffee (6 to 7:00 AM). I want to and I try, but can't always 'Blow Mud' (on demand) to quote another famous RA runner and decide to go ahead and go for my run. I have a one mile circle that starts and ends at my house and when I expect this issue 'might' occur, I will run it (over and over again) - its not very exciting, but at least I'm never very far away from the house and the bathroom. Other then early in the AM, I don't think this has ever happened to me.

Champions are made when no one is watching

I admit it. I've done it. After running off and on for 20 some years, it was bound to happen. Luckily I run in a seculded area and had kleenex with me. My husband for some reason thought it was a great story and told a bunch of our friends. Grrrreeeaaattt.

- Anya

JimR

I've had a failure about 100 yards from my house...didn't quite make it back in time. My kids still tease me about it now and then. Usually I keep the first couple of miles really close to home so I can make that one last stop and them I'm good to go.

Member Since 2008

This only proves that God has a sense of humor.
              kcam

I like the Bill Rogers quote someone put up there - so true. After so many years of running I think my body must be trained in that way. All I have to do is THINK about going for a run and, bingo, I gotta go. By the time I'm finished tying my shoes I pretty much have to do a sprint to the bathroom. I think it must be a mental thing - I believe I will run faster or better if weight is minimized BEFORE the run therefore - I minimize!

Menace to Sobriety

anyone ever do this? im 29 years old and almost shit my pants a while back...for the first time since i was a toddler. it just crept up on me and wasn't aware of it before i started out on my journey... what do you do if you do long runs in the middle of nowhere (or in a race) and get the feeling that you might have to drop a load half way through? i *barely* made it back...
                  Its official: Running Ahead has now become Lets Run.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

JakeKnight

I find it strange that the word "Candice" does not appear in this thread.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

runnin from hell

for anyone that DOES shit in their pants...i would recommend the "chop 'n soak" technique. basically, you follow three simple steps: 1. get your hand in the karate chop position (straight and stiff) 2. chop your your shorts/underwear into the crack of your ass 3. let it soak.... That could prevent the "friction" that occurred by the dude that crapped his pants in that story. Great read BTW...makes me feel normal. Smile
                        Okay, I just added pre-race enema to my first marathon tip list Wink
                        You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Go Pre!

for anyone that DOES shit in their pants...i would recommend the "chop 'n soak" technique. basically, you follow three simple steps: 1. get your hand in the karate chop position (straight and stiff) 2. chop your your shorts/underwear into the crack of your ass 3. let it soak.... That could prevent the "friction" that occurred by the dude that crapped his pants in that story. Great read BTW...makes me feel normal. Smile
                            I love how you brought up the topic and followed it up with this bit of wisdom.

runnin from hell

i could never do the "chop 'n soak" on a run....its too nasty. i think i would roll with: 1. tissues in a zip-lock, 2. dig a hold 3. bury.... continue on...

A Saucy Wench

Do you ever hear someone complain about being constipated and wonder how that happens? Well other than Trent on his matzo ball diet. Stopped up - go run - no longer stopped up.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7