running and having to take a dump (Read 3077 times)

Strangely enough, after reading all of these posts I need to lay some cable.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Strangely enough, after reading all of these posts I need to lay some cable.
      Interesting. The movie Bachelor Party taught me that "lay that pipe" meant something quite different. So, cable == poop, while pipe == penis. Sweet. Any idea what conduit is?

Dave

Any idea what conduit is?
        I'm pretty sure you lay cable through your conduit. I'm disappointed in myself that I even posted to this thread.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

xor

I set them up, you knock them down.

Runners are weird.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Runners are weird.
              My wife says this all the time......I just tell her "Yes we are and were proud of it"....... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

anyone ever do this?
                I squat and go, leaving a little humanure behind. Running (something I haven't been doing much of lately) at night helps with the modesty bit.

Vim

what do you do if you do long runs in the middle of nowhere (or in a race) and get the feeling that you might have to drop a load half way through?
                  Hopefully, I'm in the woods or there is a portajohn close by.

Vim

What you do in this situation is dependent on where you are. If you are in the country, you dig a hole. Cover it up when you are done.
                    Let me just say, YES Please and thank you to the digging of the hole and the burying it. Working in the woods near a network of tracks frequented by runners I have come across a ridiculous number of unburied human scat piles. It is pretty gross and always astounds me with the lack of basic bush potty etiquette. Grab a stick, or a rock, dig a little hole, grab a leaf or two, wipe and then bury your stuff and cover it with a rock. Easy peasy. I think someone wrote a book called how to sh$t in the woods.
                    The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
                    • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
                    • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
                    • Complete a 10K fun run
                    pitrunner

human scat piles
                      This made me spit coffee.

Bugs

anyone ever do this? what do you do if you do long runs in the middle of nowhere (or in a race) and get the feeling that you might have to drop a load half way through?
                        Blush Carry toilet paper. My girls are stuffed typically. When the ache comes on you hit ditches with lots of grass or a park with lots of trees, you do what you gotta do. Not like you can plan this crap.

Bugs

Bugs

Let me just say, YES Please and thank you to the digging of the hole and the burying it. Working in the woods near a network of tracks frequented by runners I have come across a ridiculous number of unburied human scat piles.
                          Wow and very gross. Even my cats know to dig a hole. I also recommend smushing, but I warn you may end up doing some gross clean-up on your shoe later. Why do we run again?

Bugs

HOSS1961

This sounds like an old Seinfield episode...
                            HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Menace to Sobriety

Blush Carry toilet paper. My girls are stuffed typically.
                              While running only, or all the time? Just askin'

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

You'll ruin your knees!

anyone ever do this?
                                Nah, never happens to me!
                                im 29 years old and almost shit my pants a while back...for the first time since i was a toddler.
                                29 years old IS a toddler!
                                it just crept up on me and wasn't aware of it before i started out on my journey...
                                Danged turds are sneaky! Can't trust 'em.
                                what do you do if you do long runs in the middle of nowhere (or in a race) and get the feeling that you might have to drop a load half way through?
                                I don't worry about it until I can eliminate "might" from that feeling.
                                i *barely* made it back...
                                Be sure and "log" this as a #2 Tempo Run, and...no, I have never done this!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)