HELP! Need receipt and box for forerunner 620 (Read 206 times)

pillsbury

my 620 has broken again! this is the second time in a year....HOWEVER i cant seem to find the box (where i placed the receipt) and i need it to return it to REI

i even called garmin and they basically told me to kick rocks! i am done with any touch screen watch but i need a receipt to return it and get a fenix or tactix.  i even told garmin i would take the hit and do an even swap and they told me they would only give me $99 for my 620... its 400 on their website.

i will gladly pay for the receipt if anyone would mind helping me out.

Thx

an amazing likeness

A quick 10 second scan of the REI website leads one to a link in the returns section regarding "No Proof of Purchase?"....if you bought it at REI, they'll work with you.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

REI has awesome return policies.  I bought a Timex GPS watch several years ago.  Didn't use it much and the battery died.  Did you know that if the battery goes completely empty, then you can't charge it anymore?  In other words, even if you don't use it, you still have to charge it regularly.

Anywho, I tossed the receipt a long time ago but they took it back, gave me the full refund, and then some because there was a price change or something.  There's a reason I try to buy most of my stuff from REI.

runmichigan

Just a word of warning that REI changed their return policy so they will accept returns for only one year after purchase.  See REI Return Policy

pillsbury

i went into the store and spoke to the girl at the register and the manager.  they were really cool but said i had to have a receipt.  ive looked everywhere for it but no bueno

#artbydmcbride

If you used a credit card, you may be able to get something from your card company.

Runners run

runmichigan

i went into the store and spoke to the girl at the register and the manager.  they were really cool but said i had to have a receipt.  ive looked everywhere for it but no bueno

The in store return policy here states you must have a proof of purchase (store receipt, gift receipt, shipping invoice, or member purchase history) for all returns and exchanges.  However, under returns and exchanges by MAIL it states "If you no longer have a proof of purchase, we can look up your order history if you used your REI member number for your order."  So if you used your REI member number you can mail it to them with some information and as long as it is in their system they will accept your return.

pillsbury

Already checked. It was a gift from my daughter and she just went in and paid for it. She said she wasn't even thinking and didn't give them the phone number for my membership number. There is literally nothing other than the watch to show this purchase was made. That's why I'm trying to find a receipt or buy one

This is kindof shady practice, but if you truly did buy it from REI within the past year, its easy.

Go to REI and buy a new 620.  Go back a few days later and return your old one in the new 620's box.

You get a new 620 out of the deal for no $.  It doesn't solve your desire to get a fenix or tactix instead.

pillsbury

Haha yea I've thought about that. If I can't get a receipt to return it I will.

bluerun

Super B****

This is kindof shady practice, but if you truly did buy it from REI within the past year, its easy.

Go to REI and buy a new 620.  Go back a few days later and return your old one in the new 620's box.

You get a new 620 out of the deal for no $.  It doesn't solve your desire to get a fenix or tactix instead.

If you do that, the serial number on the box won't match the serial number on the device.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog