Editing posts/last user to post (Read 219 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

When you edit a post, it shows your name as the last person to post in the thread even if you are not.  I will often go back a few minutes later to correct some grammatical or spelling error after someone else has posted and then my name will appear as the latest poster.  It's sort of bizarre.  Can that get fixed?

Thank you!  Love it here so far.

Running is dumb.

eric :)

MadisonMandy,

What you described is by design.  It will always point to the post with the most recent change.  Users sometimes go back to modify their posts.  Without this, you would not notice a change has been made.  I hope this won't be a big issue since there is always a way to get to the last post.  This behavior could be helpful especially for pinned threads, it provides a way for users to know that the first post in the thread has been modified.

eric Smile

dennrunner

never mind. nothing to see here. Eric posted while I was typing my original post.

Samurai in Training

I guess a person could use this to bump a thread without having to add that annoying post with the word bump. 

xor

I guess a person could use this to bump a thread without having to add that annoying post with the word bump. 

Ah yes, an RWOLism that is associated with attempts at fighting spam.

Dunno which is worse, though.... opening a thread to see the word BUMP and no new content.... or opening a thread to a post that has been modified and not being able to figure out what's new (because nothing is).

Around here my hope is that people do NEITHER ONE.  Even if there's a bit of spam.

Samurai in Training

Dunno which is worse, though.... opening a thread to see the word BUMP and no new content.... or opening a thread to a post that has been modified and not being able to figure out what's new (because nothing is)..

Actually, you see this on many forums and not just for spam.  Although, I think I must agree that not being able to determine why it is bumpewoos even worse.  Never mintach at post. 

xor

Actually, you see this on many forums and not just for spam.  Although, I think I must agree that not being able to determine why it is bumpewoos even worse.  Never mintach at post. 

Yes, I know. 

But specific to the 99.9% of the people reading this, that's their recent experience with the b word.  And for some folks in BF, their only experience with it and how they've become accustomed to responding to spam arrival.