Chicago Half Marathon RR: my best race ever, and first-time flood evacuee :-) (Read 1342 times)

Right on Hereford...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! It was a really fun race and I'm happy to share the experience as best I can.
    That was an amazing race report. Congratulations on meeting a very impressive goal, and thank you for sharing! I hope all is well with your folks.
    Thanks, they are fine. The water reached their front doorstep, but didn't go into the house, thankfully. They did have 8 inches in the basement, but it could have been much worse. They are still not allowed back in the house, though!
    Great race, great report, Dakota. This was a breakthrough in the truest sense of the word. And you've just recently started doing some half-decent mileage on a consistent basis. I believe that those miles and finally getting a crack at fast course at sea level made all the difference. I'm sure you have room to improve a lot more too. Congratulations!
    Thanks, Jim! I have so much respect for you as a runner and as a person, so your words mean a lot. I agree that increasing my mileage to 45 mpw has had a lot to do with this breakthrough. Now I'm curious to see what 60 miles a week will do for me... Big grin
    Awesome job and great read. You've rendered a lot of your other PR's "soft" now. Go get 'em!
    Well, maybe they're soft...I'm thinking that I have two separate categories of PRs at this point: altitude and everything else. Most of my PRs are from Colorado. But I've definitely got some newfound confidence after Sunday's race!
    Congratulations on a fantastic race! And--WOW--that was the BEST race report I have ever read! Are you a "real" writer? If not, you should be.
    Ha, ha! Wow, that's a very nice compliment. Thanks. It did make me laugh, because I'm definitely not a real writer, but I'm glad you enjoyed the read!
      Wow, I loved reading that! And good job, thats quite amazing! Shocked Oh to be able to run that fast ha ha! Congrats!!

Right on Hereford...

...added photos to the OP.

Another Passion

Very nice. Congratulations, Mark! Great race and great report. Congrats to your wife as well. Thanks for the great race read.

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

A Saucy Wench

Wow great report!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dude, that is so cool!
              redleaf

Didn't notice the photos till now! THanks very much! Zoe is very cute Shocked at the water!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362