Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2012) (Read 6766 times)

1:30:18. Frustrating not to break 1:30, but it's about as good as I could do on the day I think. I was the first person over the line slower than 1:30 :/

I completely understand that feeling. I ran a 1:30:29 in February. It was the best I had.

You will crush it next time!

--

Nashville, TN

CNY - Sunday had some tough conditions. You still making a run at the Dec attempt?

Troy - you're up this weekend, but sounds like you may be nursing some wounds. Good luck either way.

Any new peeps want to jump in? Still a month left in 2012...

I am not doing the 2013 thread (if there is one), so whoever wants to take that on is welcome to it...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      Gunnie26.2

#dowork

CNY - Sunday had some tough conditions. You still making a run at the Dec attempt?

Troy - you're up this weekend, but sounds like you may be nursing some wounds. Good luck either way.

Any new peeps want to jump in? Still a month left in 2012...

I am not doing the 2013 thread (if there is one), so whoever wants to take that on is welcome to it...

I'd like to get to 1:30, but not sure I'll get there in 2013. Aiming for a sub1;35 at least if not a 1:32-1;33. I have no problem starting 2013 thread unless someone else closer to hitting it wants to.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

I'd like to get to 1:30, but not sure I'll get there in 2013. Aiming for a sub1;35 at least if not a 1:32-1;33. I have no problem starting 2013 thread unless someone else closer to hitting it wants to.

Sounds like a volunteer to me. As long as you realize, you don't just start it, you have to maintain it and see it through the year with updates, etc. It really doesn't take much time, and it's pretty cool to see peoples' attempts and progress and stories and whatnot. Feel free to use whatever format (CliveF's threads are probably better formatted than mine).

MTA: as incentive, it definitely keeps you (the thread keeper) motivated - the last 2 years' (at least) thread owners both hit the goal.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Sounds like a volunteer to me. As long as you realize, you don't just start it, you have to maintain it and see it through the year with updates, etc. It really doesn't take much time, and it's pretty cool to see peoples' attempts and progress and stories and whatnot. Feel free to use whatever format (CliveF's threads are probably better formatted than mine).

MTA: as incentive, it definitely keeps you (the thread keeper) motivated - the last 2 years' (at least) thread owners both hit the goal.

Believe me I am motivated. I'd love to hit 1:30 in 2013, but still got lot of work to do to get there yet.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

2013 thread is up and ready to go!

Up Next:

???

A good result for Troy (hey, can't argue with a PR), even if the sub 90 was sabotaged by the hammy.

That just leaves one left for 2012, CNY on 12/9. Unless anyone else wants to give it a go this last month....

I'm disappointed that I never took my shot.  I can't find a race in DEC, so I guess I'll leave this goal for 2013.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

CNYrunner , Holiday 1/2 marathon, CA, 12/9

Ok, our last race on the docket is CNY this weekend. Then it's a wrap. Good luck CNY.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Go get it CNY!

Up Next:

???