Seattle 3 day walk to fight breast cancer (Read 863 times)

Along for the Ride

Hello fellow RA-ers! I had posted here some time ago and asked for your help. We're getting into the home stretch now! My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. We decided to walk the Seattle 3 day with her. She is now done with surgery and treatments and is feeling well and in good spirits. The walk will be a great way to honor her and celebrate with her. We will also walk in memory and honor of all the other women, sisters, mothers, friends, co-workers that have been diagnosed or will be diagnosed with breast cancer. I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days in September. I will raise at least $2200 to benefit the Susan G Komen foundation. Thanks again to the following RA-ers for supporting me already: sholtsman - Sara zoom zoom - Kirsten baddawg - Ed bugs - Gloria crabby - Sherry teresadfp - Teresa Please consider a donation to help me reach my goal- you guys are the best! My 3-day walk Runnergabe

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Along for the Ride

Thank you runnerclay! Smile

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Hey, nice marmot!

bump. And because 60 miles in 3 days is pretty badass. And it's a good cause.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Along for the Ride

Thanks Ben! Smile

Along for the Ride

*bump* I am down to the wire ... anything I don't raise I will pay out of pocket. I could opt not to walk; but giving up is not an option! 74% there ... any helpers out there? Wink Off to a 13 mile walk ...

Along for the Ride

Ed - you rock! Thanks! Big grin