logging in partial miles (Read 777 times)

Eric, When I try to log in my distance for shorter warm up/cool down walks, I'm not able to enter partial miles (.5, .75 etc..). I tried a couple of variations but no luck. Is that an option, or do I need to stick to just logging in my times for those short distances? Thanks, Scout
      maybe try yards or meters?
      Dunottar

I had the same problem. The solution is to add a "0" [zero] in front of the decimal point, i.e. 0.50 or 0.75. That should work.
          So simple! Thanks!
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yes, I get burned by this not infrequently -- I get the error, then I remember that it cannot understand .5 miles, and I change it to 0.5 miles. But, if you have a watch that gives shorter distances in feet, you have to get out your calculator and convert it, because it won't take feet. I wind up using a calculator not infrequently when entering runs -- to convert feet to miles for smaller parts and to calculate pace for various segments. I need to google for some nice little tool to convert feet to miles and to calculate min/mile pace, I guess, because doing it by hand on a calculator is pretty tedious (splitting out the seconds, dividing them by 60, adding back to the minutes, getting the answer, taking the minutes per mile out, multiplying the remainder by 60 to get back to seconds -- all very simple but repetitive operations). Found conversion answer -- someone posted the link to one on this website: http://www.runningahead.com/tools/calculators

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.