Summary Page Update Request (Read 1320 times)

Hopefully a picture is worth a thousand words. Big grin

Outside Lane

Hmmm....has this come up before? Roll eyes

See how they run...

billerby

Okay, after watching this picture for some minutes I get it, you want pace instead of total time... I will vote it down as long as its not made customizable in the user options. That is, for me my average pace says nothing about my shape. As "beatlemaniac" says, this discussion have been up quite some times.

Lazy idiot

Okay, after watching this picture for some minutes I get it, you want pace instead of total time... I will vote it down as long as its not made customizable in the user options. That is, for me my average pace says nothing about my shape. As "beatlemaniac" says, this discussion have been up quite some times.
          Total time is already on your summary. I'm okay with whatever shows up in the log redesign. I do have to say that these periodic "reminders" are a bit tiresome, though.

Tick tock

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Total time is already on your summary. I'm okay with whatever shows up in the log redesign. I do have to say that these periodic "reminders" are a bit tiresome, though.
            I agree.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I hate to beat this dead-horse subject, but here goes: I realize that this kind of pace value is often not truly meaningful, as people train and race at variable paces, under varied conditions, and on varied terrain. I understand that these facts drive the principle behind a lot of people not wanting to see pace on the summary page. I get that. But you know what? People are gonna keep asking for this. It's a rather obvious request, actually, and because of that, it won't go away. When I first started using RA, I wondered about it myself, and I'm an experienced runner who knows all about the fact that average pace over a weekly/monthly/yearly span isn't really meaningful. I think that Eric should consider including it, and anyone who doesn't need it can ignore it. Or even include an option to turn it off it bunches your panties that much. Sometimes, rather than beat the dead horse, you just have to bury it. Or chop its head off and put it in someone's bed. Or something. BTW Flyin Ryan, nice graphic.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I don't have anything to say about the usefulness of monitoring pace vs. not, but I did have an idea. Use it if you want to. For those of you that use firefox as your web browser, I've written a Greasemonkey script that will add weekly and monthly paces. I'm working on adding the annual and total ones, too, but my javascript isn't top notch. I'm just sort of hacking it together. Smile Anyways, to use this, do the following: 1. If you haven't already, install greasemonkey. 2. Restart firefox. 3. Install my script by following the link and choosing install. Voila, you should have paces on summary pages. Like I said, my javascript is rusty, so if anybody wants to make additions or changes please feel free to do so. If you want to post about it here that's cool, or my email address is included in the script itself if you want to contact me. Here's what it looks like in action, using globule as an example: MTA: Disclaimer: of course, it may totally screw up the way some pages of RA look, but you can always disable it or modify it.

sean

mikeymike

I think that Eric should consider including it, and anyone who doesn't need it can ignore it. Or even include an option to turn it off it bunches your panties that much.
                  I think Eric has considered including it and has weighed it against the many other feature requests he has not to mention the full redesign of the log and has stated his rationale for not including it at this time. Some people just didn't like the answer. I think the guy has a lot on his plate supporting a site that is basically free to the users. And he has said that in the next version of the log he plans to make the summary graph much more user customizable. Lets see what he comes up with.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think the guy has a lot on his plate supporting a site that is basically free to the users. And he has said that in the next version of the log he plans to make the summary graph much more user customizable. Lets see what he comes up with.
                    Dude, I realize that this item 277 on a 250 item list, so I'm not advocating that this be prioritized by any stretch of the imagination. I understand the opposition to it, and even agree with it in principle. I just personally think he should do include it. Not everyone agrees, and that's cool. Just my $0.02.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Anyways, to use this, do the following: 1. If you haven't already, install greasemonkey. 2. Restart firefox. 3. Install my script by following the link and choosing install. Voila, you should have paces on summary pages.
                      Antihero- You are my hero. Thank you. Your plugin works great! Now if anyone else ever asks for average pace in this version of the log, we can just point them to Antihero's javascript installation instructions in this thread. No more beating the dead-horse. No more bickering about the usefulness or lackthereof, or whether its a waste of Eric's time. Everyone wins. Yes

Lazy idiot

My point has nothing to do with the usefulness of the data, just that we should all wait until the log redesign to see what happens. All the constant "reminding" is doing is pushing something that's not going to get done until the log is redesigned. Nice plugin, Antihero... well done.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kinda reminds me of my six year old daughter. She keeps asking for a snack over and over in the hour right before dinner. You know, as if somehow by asking over and over we are 1) not going to get angry, and 2) more likely to give it to her.
                            "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" -Albert Einstien I finally got a different result, so am I insane?
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Are you calling my six year old insace? I would.

Lazy idiot

Are you calling my six year old insace? I would.
                                I met her. She seemed quiet and shy. Not insane at all. (Though it's always the quiet ones...)

Tick tock