Rupp shatters American indoor 5K record tonight (Read 297 times)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Wow.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

And until he wins the Boston Marathon, he's worthless....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

You've said some really stupid things on this forum, but this ranks right up there.

And until he wins the Boston Marathon, he's worthless....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

bhearn

13:01. Move over, manfromnantucket!

sport jester

Biomimeticist

You've said some really stupid things on this forum, but this ranks right up there.

So what's not true about it.

Oh wait, for the hundreds of thousands of dollars he makes in sponsorship by Nike, having some internet idiot mention you on a running forum doesn't exactly constitute an excellent return of their marketing investment...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

youtube of last 600

"LET'S GO, GALEN!  WOOOOOOO!  LET'S GO, GALEN!"

<3

C-R

And the IAAF headlines read " Mary Cain Breaks World Junior Indoor 1000m Record with 2:39.25 in Boston".

I suspect they have a warm spot in their collective hearts for her @ IAAF - "The recipient of the 2013 IAAF Rising Star Award". But the records were a fallin.

That video was great. Rupp continues to impress.

And yeah - what BT said - SJ you're a piece of work. There's more to the sport than marathoning. Perhaps you could ply your trade more effectively in some other place. I simply cringe whenever I see one of your posts and the air it sucks out of any thread looking to ask a reasonable question or seek some sound advice on how to approach running. Ugh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

Dude, his stupidity (on many levels) is completely obvious to everyone here and need not be pointed out. We all see it.

That said, if Bolt wants to get any attention and have any value he had better focus on the Boston Marathon.

And thanks for linking to the flotrack piece. I hadn't seen it yet. I like the bit about this being the fastest January 5K ever, or something like that.

mikeymike

And the IAAF headlines read " Mary Cain Breaks World Junior Indoor 1000m Record with 2:39.25 in Boston".

Which makes sense, since the IAAF has jurisdiction over world records, not American records.

Rupp has publicly stated h'es going after the 5k, 2-mile and mile AR's in the next couple of weeks. Al Sal did say that the 5k record would be the easiest of the 3 but I'm still not sure anyone expected 13:01. Holy shite. I guess Rupp is kinda fit.

Runners run

C-R

I love the enthusiasm

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/251297-BU-Multi-Team-Meet-2014/video/729376-Mary-Cain-after-breaking-the-Jr-World-Record

Oh and I guess that call to skip running in college seems validated.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

mikeymike

I love the enthusiasm

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/251297-BU-Multi-Team-Meet-2014/video/729376-Mary-Cain-after-breaking-the-Jr-World-Record

Oh and I guess that call to skip running in college seems validated.

It's funny to watch that since I have a decent amount of experience talking with 16-17 year old girls just after they have finished racing a 1000 on the track. She's just like them ... except she ran it like a minute faster.

Runners run

Birdwell

I'm disappointed in Cam. He still hasn't re-grown his sweet afro.