Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (Read 467 times)

Check this out...On vacation last week when we went from Busch Gardens VA to OC MD we took the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. It was my turn to drive so I had the pleasure of driving the entire 23 miles. .....(The bridge-tunnel uses a combination of bridges and tunnels over and under two widely separated shipping channels, using four artificial islands built in the bay as portals). The toll for this venture was $12.00 one way! Of course if you save your receipt you get the return trip for just $5.00. The kids thought it was very cool. I did not! Has anyone else ever driven on this? I can't imagine driving on it during a storm!

Michelle

Michelle

I've been over it many times when I lived in Virginia Beach. We used to take it go camping on the Eastern Shore. Love that ride.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I've been over it many times when I lived in Virginia Beach. We used to take it go camping on the Eastern Shore. Love that ride.
          I was okay at first but then this guy in a moving van/truck kept riding too close behind me and wouldn't pass me during times when he could have. I was going the speed limit, but not above it! I don't like the tunnels...I kept picturing them caving in while we were driving through.

Michelle

Ooooh I drove over that monster during a hurricane....at night. It's an incredible piece of engineering though.
              Ooooh I drove over that monster during a hurricane....at night. It's an incredible piece of engineering though.
              WOW. I would have been in tears for sure. I can't handle that kind of stress.

Michelle