A daily thread? Thursday 12/20 (Read 697 times)

Hey gang, should we start doing a daily thread... kinda like a roll call for those who care to participate. We can post what we did or plan to do for a workout (or SRD = scheduled rest day), and any other info worthy of group discussion. Today for me, is a 5-6 mile easy run (8:45-9:00).

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm supposed to do only two miles (Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Plan), but it's snowing like the dickens and school has been cancelled. They're predicting steady snow until 8 pm. I have to get my nerve up, I guess! I can't let a little snow stop me...
        I'm supposed to do only two miles (Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Plan), I have to get my nerve up, I guess! I can't let a little snow stop me...
        Just run carefully and in a safe place. I ended up doing 7 miles, 8:35 pace. It was 35° and minimal wind. Ya' gotta love that weather.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Slow-smooth-fast

did 20 miles yesterday. so run tonight will just be about 8 easy.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I hope to get out for 4-5 miles today. I am taking most of December off but haven't hit my planned runs so I am actually taking more tie off than I wanted.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              2-3 mile recovery for me. Yesterday was my longest run (5 miles) since an injury on November 3rd, so I need to take it easy today. Smile
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm planning to get in ~11. Last long run before the Holiday pig-out commences. If my pants get any snugger I will need to go shopping. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Did 4 good ones this morning. This was the first run since my 11/10 marathon where I ran without any discomfort in my leg. Smile
                    7 miler.

Member Since 2008

6.04 miles 9:19 pace.
                        Did an easy 4 miles this AM. First pain free run in more than a month. Big grin
                          Pressed for time with the kids and the morning rush before work...did a medium paced 6 (wanted to do 9).

Michelle

Did 4 good ones this morning. This was the first run since my 11/10 marathon where I ran without any discomfort in my leg. Smile
                            First pain free run in more than a month. Big grin
                            Wonderful news! Smile

Michelle

5:45 am- 4.5mi. Worst run over the year. Tired, felt these effect of a "business dinner", lower back very stiff, right hip, left heel. ugggggggggggg. I hate these days.
                                Nothing to report except the run itself. Started at 4:15 -- I guess it was a bit cold at 21F, but that's about it. It's been dry here so no snow or ice to deal with, thankfully. Workout: 4M tempo, 7:10/mi, AHR 166 Overall: 12.1M, 1:36 (7:56/mi) Lou

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com