Race Prizes (Read 488 times)

I was wondering what kind of interesting and neat prizes or placement awards thaat others have won from races. Last Friday I won my most interesting one yet: A bobble doll!

Michelle

Marathonmanleto

I could only hope for something as wonderful as a Boobie Doll. Just won a 25.00 Gift Card to local running store.
        I could only hope for something as wonderful as a Boobie Doll. Just won a 25.00 Gift Card to local running store.
        I like gift cards!! I won a Road ID gift card, I used it right away and now I always wear it. My son won a $25 gift card to a local sneaker place...we haven't used it yet. I won two free training sessions with some running club- Hmmmm. I forgot about that till now, I should check that out.

Michelle

I could only hope to PLACE Cry (hehe). My best 10K, at 47:29, had me coming in 11th in my age group! Surprised
          2009: BQ?
            But that bobble head is too cute!
            2009: BQ?
              Hmmmmmmm I got a $75 dollar gift certificate for general mills (basically I get so many cases of certain things and I've never redeemed it yet since it's all frozen stuff) Other than that most the races I run only give out medals so I've got one of those. Haven't ran many races that I could even think of placing in my age group.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I just checked the race results http://www.brynmawrrunningco.com/SHUTUPANDRUNRESULTS.htm if the age groups went 35-39 I would of gotten 3rd IF they had me as a female and my name as Pam instead of male and Paul Confused If 30-39 I would of been 4th place.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

A fish (actually a trout). All entrants got a fresh trout at the recent Wincle Trout Fell Race. http://www.wincle.org.uk/todo.html The fish was very tasy that evening (with a beer). Neil Big grin

Running ... just keep running!

The voice of mile 18

I won a gift certificate to a pizzeria once nothing as cool as the bobblehead though!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Member Since 2008

The first time I placed, I got a coffee cup with the name of the race written on it with chalk. My prized possession. Big grin