Portajohn follies (Read 1009 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

In the little sink???

It was not a sink.  Exclusively a urinal.  Well, exclusively until that asshat blew mud into it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

HermosaBoy

It was not a sink.  Exclusively a urinal.  Well, exclusively until that asshat blew mud into it.

I heard someone thought it was a purse holder...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Every time I step into one, I worry that it'll fall over.

This is my fear with the portajohns.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUMZGAs_61o

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Flying Pig this past year.  The race organizers tried to a strategy where they placed the port-a-johns inside of the corrals.  Well, 4 port-a-johns per corral does not do the trick, and those were the only ones available.  So the starting cannon goes off, and I was still in line...in the middle of the corral.  I ducked behind the side of the port-a-pots like I was sheltering myself from a windstorm (other poor saps just chanced becoming roadkill).  Since there's no way I was going to drop deuce while on the clock, I wound up waiting over 10 minutes to finally get in and do a power squat, and started off with the 5:15 pace group when I was wanting to stay ahead of the 4:00 group.  So if you were at the Pig and there was some jackwagon moving through the field like that dude during rush hour....my apologies.  That certainly contributed to what became the toughest marathon I ever ran.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

In the little sink???

Ahhhh hahahaha! Now I get it Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

You'll ruin your knees!

But it comes with a little soap!  (sometimes)

In that case, consider it a bidet.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Not at a race, but in the parking lot of a football game I went into one were someone had projectile vomited all over the inside of it. Like ALL OVER. Walls, seat, floor, everything. I should have known that in a parking lot full of tailgating football fans, a portapotty without a line was too good to be true.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Slice

I have opened the door, more than once, to find splatters of shit all over the floor and up and onto the seat. Someone waited a teensy bit too long, no?My story is I went into one only to find it infested with cicadas. Okay, there was 2 in there, but STILL! I ran out screaming like a girl and drove to a Walgreens to go pee.

I find it amusing how I no longer regard port-a-johns with disdain. When I see one now I look at it as a shining beacon of hope off in the distance.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was you, wasn't it? Port-a-john at a trailhead in our area (where I destroyed my damned wrist 3 weeks ago tomorrow) has a veritable political debate in Sharpie goin' on. Next time I'm there I should take pics.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"You mean in the little sink" - 

---

"It was not a sink.  Exclusively a urinal.  Well, exclusively until that asshat blew mud into it."

----  I think someone missed the intended joke. :-)

But all joking aside, as simple as the setup is(The trough on the side for dudes to go #1, and the seat in the middle for everyone else to do their thing), it amazes me how fellow humans can find so many ways to screw that up.  I mean if it were an elementary school bathroom, or a restroom in a psych ward, I'd possibly understand poop on the ceiling!   But you are telling me one of these fellow runners standing around me was capable of that shit? (Excuse the pun)  

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xor

Who was joking?

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, it happened again. Went into one of three and someone has SOMEHOW missed the big hole, even missed the flip-down seat (thank you) and left it about 15 inches to the left of bullseye. Even if you squat on the lid, Asian-style, you'd have to be a gymnast to hit that mark. I just don't get it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Those were three of the most disgusting port-a potties i've seen.

Nearly each time that I went in I had to clean it up before getting any where near the hole.

How adults can make that big a mess is beyond me.

steph  

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Those were three of the most disgusting port-a potties i've seen.

Nearly each time that I went in I had to clean it up before getting any where near the hole.

How adults can make that big a mess is beyond me.

Wow ... I am SO glad I missed out on all this fun [or was too oblivious to notice - but NOT, I might add, so oblivious as to miss the hole].

Still, I thought 3 was probably not enough. And, the race info did say they would be located in two places on the course [although, reading the description and now knowing the set-up, those two places seem to be the same place].

Liz

pace sera, sera

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Buzzy- I think that you're right.  Even though there was never a line three wasn't enough.

And thankfully, I also didn't see what PerfesserR saw!

mta:  At least there was plenty of paper...I wasted much of it wiping down the seats.

I admit that I was cussing out the men most of the time when I went in.  However, there was

one time I followed directly after a woman and it wasn't pretty.

steph