RUNNER'S WORLD (Read 728 times)

Cause I CAN

Someone gave me a subscription to them for christmas last year so I've been getting them....a few months before the marathon I wrote one of the writers and shared my story. I did this for the heck of it, I never expected a response but I got one...they want to use me in their "real runner's" section... Except the email was sent in Nov...and I just now checked it, I wrote her back and said I hoped it wasnt too late that I'd still love to be futured...
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Dog-Love

The folks that I read about in that RW section amaze me! Would love to read your story although from your signature it must have something to do with having a liver transplant when you were even younger then you are now. What a big deal to go through!
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Another Passion

Someone gave me a subscription to them for christmas last year so I've been getting them....a few months before the marathon I wrote one of the writers and shared my story. I did this for the heck of it, I never expected a response but I got one...they want to use me in their "real runner's" section... Except the email was sent in Nov...and I just now checked it, I wrote her back and said I hoped it wasnt too late that I'd still love to be futured...
        That's awesome, Peach! I hope they haven't passed on you given the lapse in time. Keep us posted. Wink

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Cause I CAN

The folks that I read about in that RW section amaze me! Would love to read your story although from your signature it must have something to do with having a liver transplant when you were even younger then you are now. What a big deal to go through!
          I get that alot...people cant understand how someone like me can even run at all...it was interesting to me during the marathon...I had I dont know how many people ask me about it (I had my transplant date on the back of my shirt.) Around mile 24 I had one guy behind me, caught up to me, asked me how I was able to run this without hurting my transplant or something along them lines...I shook my head, and said same as your doing it and put my hand over my heart.
            Peach, Please do let us know when it will be in. I read Runner's World faithfully. How cool will it be to see someone I "know" in there!! Lisa
            I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Peach, Please do let us know when it will be in. I read Runner's World faithfully. How cool will it be to see someone I "know" in there!! Lisa
              Ditto!!
                Ditto!!
                Ditto Ditto! Congratulations Peach! You make every huff and puff this New Runner grunts through WORTH it. You are an inspiration. Happy New Year!

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Cause I CAN

Will do, hope its not too late
                    Way to go Peach! Runner's World inspires me to keep training and you're a perfect fit for them. Keep on running!

Slow-smooth-fast

well done, I featured this year in the UK edition, regarding how I had lost over 80lbs through running - basically how running had saved my life!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Except the email was sent in Nov...and I just now checked it, I wrote her back and said I hoped it wasnt too late that I'd still love to be futured...
                        Don't sweat it - I work with lots of magazine publishers and they're often working a few issues out. Chances are VERY good they already had that space full for the next few issues anyway. Smile Congrats!

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.