Unlinking at FB, last question (Read 769 times)

I'm getting this message:

If you unlink your RunningAHEAD and Facebook accounts, you will lose ALL of your data. This action is not recoverable. Click Unlink to proceed.

uh.  what exactly does that mean?  ...surely it doesn't mean it's going to wipe out my RA log, right?  It can't mean that but I'm waiting JUST TO MAKE SURE because I would lose it if I lost the last 3+ years of log entries.

TIA!

Jennifer mm#1231

nevermind...I figured out what it means, LOL.  I tried unlinking and relinking and I lost all of data/totals/PR's.  can't get any of it to show, even to the left in my profile.  oops. 

any clue how to recover that?  It seems when I first added the app, all of that was added automatically.

Jennifer mm#1231

...any clue how to recover that?...

If you unlink your RunningAHEAD and Facebook accounts, you will lose ALL of your data. This action is not recoverable. Click Unlink to proceed.

LOL, I get that.  It's just weird that when I first added the application, it added ALL of my information.  My conclusion is that, if I dump the app and start from the beginning again, it should add ALL of myinformation again.  The *not recoverable* does not compute unless the original app is completely changed and the new app doesn't automatically add all of your info. which is entirely possible, I guess.

I need a red bull.

Jennifer mm#1231

eric :)

Lifesabeach,

I'm confused.  When you first use the RA app, you're prompted to either to login to RA, or create a new account.  If you type in your RA credentials, you should be able to see all your data.  However, the message you included here indicated that you did not link your RA account.  If you did, you would have seen this message instead:

When you unlink your RunningAHEAD and Facebook accounts, you can relink them by entering your RunningAHEAD credentials in the registration page that will appear after you click the unlink button.

So, I'm not sure where your data came from when it saw "ALL of your information".  I checked the records and you currently have not relinked your RA account.  Give that a try and let me know what happens.

when it asks me to reenter my RA info, username, email/password it gives me this message:

There is already an account with this email. 

which is why I unlinked to begin with.

It's still doing this...and it's not uploading any info.

Jennifer mm#1231

thanks for your time...but DUH!  I don't know what kinda circles I just swam but everything is back to normal now!

Jennifer mm#1231

It's great that you finally got it working.  You get that message if you are signed into another Facebook account so make sure that you're in the right account.

that's weird, you'd think, eh?  But I only have one email account/one FB account.

I still can't get my workouts to post in my status feeds...which is why I started the whole unlinking thing.  I have, on numerous occasions, pressed the button to publish all my workouts...to no avail.  hence the unlinking nonsense.  still no feed.  oh well.

Jennifer mm#1231

Did you go back to the preference tab?  When you unlink, all your preferences are removed as well so you need to set that up again.
                        Did you go back to the preference tab?  When you unlink, all your preferences are removed as well so you need to set that up again.

yes.  I keep going back and pressing the *publish* button on the preference page when it asks if I would like to publish all of my activities.  It publishes it my log feed but not on my home page in the status feeds...

Jennifer mm#1231

The publish function applies to only new workouts.  To see it at work, log a new entry and you would see it on your wall.

A Saucy Wench

I think, if i remember correctly I had to disconnect, delete RA from my apps list, clear my cache and then reconnect , reconnect, and redo the preferences. .  Also, I have to make sure my facebook is open and logged in before I log my RA workout or it sometimes doesnt publish.  Or maybe that is coincidence.

And it wont change your status.  It will appear on your wall and in the newsfeed, but your status will remain as it was before so if you are in the "status updates" part of FB you will not see it. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

It only updates to my status if I enter something manually...if I use the GPS upload, it doesn't go on my status.

Jennifer mm#1231

It only updates to my status if I enter something manually...if I use the GPS upload, it doesn't go on my status.

After you upload your GPS workouts, did you click the "Save All" button, or did you save each workout individually?  "Save All" does not update your Facebook wall because you may have many entries.  If you edit and save each workout individually, it should work.