Surf City Marathon - Huntington Beach, Feb 3rd (Read 788 times)

Just wondering if there are others on here who might be running this event. There are a few who committed from Kickrunners and the old CR, who may have got lost in the ether, and there may be "old" RA folk who will be down in Ca that weekend. I'm flying in from Ireland, and would love to meet as many Forumites as possible, so let us know if you're around. Liam
      Hi Liam, I am running the half. It will be my first. I am really looking forward to it. Hope to see you there! Jill
      Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
        That's great - Look forward to meeting up - There are a few from the other sites heading into Town, so hopefully we can have a meet up - I'll arrive on the Friday, staying at the Huntington Surf Inn Smile Liam

I run for Fried Chicken!

I'm running the half as well and it'll be my first as well. I haven't decided if I'm going to race it yet or run with my slower friends from work who have signed up.
          SteveP

I'm not running that event, but it's good to see you Liam.

SteveP

#artbydmcbride

I'm all signed up. It will be nice to meet you Liam. Smile

Runners run

Looking forward to meeting everyone - and actually running the event Smile Anyone got a good idea as to a time to meet up on Saturday when we have to pick numbers up - It would be great to meet together as a group - Liam
                  I wanted to, but missed my chance when I went to sign up and the full was, well, full. Tongue Hopefully next year I'll get to do this one. Good luck, everyone!
                  "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                    I'll be there! I can't wait! I'm doing the full...I'm running it for the cool medal. Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

I'll be there! I can't wait! I'm doing the full...I'm running it for the cool medal. Cool
                      Me too! Big grin
                      Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
                        The medal looks so good, almost makes me wish I was training harder Smile - What are peoples hopes and expectations - I would appear to be looking at running around the 3:50 mark, as I plan to run with a friend from Kickrunners - And, who will be up on Saturday? Liam
                          I'll be there .... still not sure if it's going to be 5k or HM... depends on how it goes in Carlsbad this weekend. Anytime on Saturday for a meet up would work for me.
                            I'm signed up for the full - I've been fighting some injuries since CIM - hopefully I can get a decent 20 miler in the weekend if not I may have to bump down to the half
                            MM# 1477
                              Arc - As a tax geek myself - we can talk taxation differences all weekend Smile Liam
                                Arc - As a tax geek myself - we can talk taxation differences all weekend Smile Liam
                                perfect - I'll be sure to bring my tax code and regs...
                                MM# 1477