Treadmill making me sick! (Read 672 times)

I don't know if I am just not used to it, or what is going on...but the last few times I have run on the treadmill, I barely get 1/2 mile into it and I break out into a cold sweat, and feel...well, exhausted. I thought maybe there was an incline I was unaware of, so today I wore my heart rate monitor, and I was right on target-no additional exertion. What is the deal? I managed 4.5 last night, but today could only get out 2.5 and had to stop. When I get off I am shaky, void of color in my face, a bit cold, yet sweating like crazy. Anyone else ever experience this?
      Where do you have your treadmill set up? Near a heat vent? window? in front of a tv? Do you get car sick while riding in a car? Could be a lot of different things. Open a window and get some fresh air and have a fan blowing air on you as well, that may help. Corrina
        Where do you have your treadmill set up? Near a heat vent? window? in front of a tv? Do you get car sick while riding in a car? Could be a lot of different things. Open a window and get some fresh air and have a fan blowing air on you as well, that may help. Corrina
        Sorry, I should have added where it was...it is in the basement...it is near a vent but today I turned the heat off prior to my run to see if that was what was causing it-no change. I do watch TV, but I ran on the TM watching TV at the Y for years with no issues, and I do not ever experience any kind of motion sickness elsewhere. There are no windows to open, so next time I have to use it I will put my fan in front of me and see if that helps; hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks!

Imploder

Do you spend much time in the basement otherwise? Could there be something down there you are allergic to, or is there a furnace or something that might have fumes? Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? These would be my big concerns.
            My washer and dryer are in the basement, so I feel like I spend all my time down there! When we bought the house we had the previous owner install some contraption that rids carbon monoxide; but only part of the basement is finished-I think I might check for mold though, I didn't think of anything like that. I immediately think there is something wrong with me. Thanks!

12 Squared

I hate running on those things. I don't get physically sick, but if I look anywhere but straight ahead, I tend to lose my balance and have nearly crashed before. I don't know why, because I am always running road shoulders and trails without any problem whatsoever. In your case, however, I have actually heard of people putting their treadmill in the basement and opening the door when they run so they can have fresh air. Good luck.
              If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Imploder

Knifey, that is one cute dog. Your profile cracked me up -- your name, height, weight and goal weight is the exact same as mine!!! I got all confused for a second.
                  Knifey, that is one cute dog. Your profile cracked me up -- your name, height, weight and goal weight is the exact same as mine!!! I got all confused for a second.
                  My "cute dog" is Igor, thanks! That is a little odd about our stats!