Anyone planning on throwing their kids' Easter candy out? (Read 912 times)

Kimmie

I hate that I don't have will power to stop digging into their chocolate. Tongue I didn't even want to get them any, but my lovely DH prevailed. Am I a horrible mother?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are we supposed to still have any left...? Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I hate that I don't have will power to stop digging into their chocolate. Am I a horrible mother?
        Nope! We're just doing our duty and trying to prevent our kids from having too much sugar. Right?
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I hate that I don't have will power to stop digging into their chocolate. Tongue I didn't even want to get them any, but my lovely DH prevailed. Am I a horrible mother?
          No! We do that fairly often - throw out part of a cake or tray of brownies if we feel like our family is overdosing on sweets and fat. I say go for it!

My legs are killing me

I just ate a nice carmel filled chocolate egg. Big grin Between that and the cheesecake we have in the refrig, I'll have to run 50 miles this week.

Non ducor, duco.

I load ours up and send it to my husband's office where it fills those little candy bowls everyone must have on their desks. They can gain the weight!
              Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

We seem to have candy everywhere in our office. One of my coworkers has a small grocery store in her desk. My "fun drawer" has some coco-via chocolate and meal-replacement bars and some sugar free apple cider packets, but I try to not eat much of anything around the office or I'd be a zillion pounds. It is awfully hard, though, when that other employee is constantly talking about or offering food (and of course, she's skinny Angry )

TRUST THE PROCESS

Top 'O the World!

I load ours up and send it to my husband's office where it fills those little candy bowls everyone must have on their desks. They can gain the weight!
                  Wink That's what I do!! for ALL candy-featuring Holidays!
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    I put ours in a zip bag and put it in the outside deep freezer. I have to have a real craving to go through the process of digging it out and it's just too embarrassing to go back and double dip when my family is listening to me rustle around like a desperate squirrel. Blush ( Stash is vital to have - one never knows when a chocolate attack may happen)

dork.major dork.

Why not use it as an opportunity to talk about making choices, rationing, and delayed gratification?? I'm not a parent so take this with a grain of salt... but I do think that previous deprivation is one of the things that makes it hardest to set limits for myself, this sense that I must eat *all* the cookies because the cookies will be gone tomorrow if I don't eat them now.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Why not use it as an opportunity to talk about making choices, rationing, and delayed gratification?? I'm not a parent so take this with a grain of salt... but I do think that previous deprivation is one of the things that makes it hardest to set limits for myself, this sense that I must eat *all* the cookies because the cookies will be gone tomorrow if I don't eat them now.
                        Nah, I'm going to have to agree with ole zoom-zoom....how come you still have some left? Seriously, bugger the lecture on making choices etc....there's plenty of time for giving life's lessons....I reckon just eat the lot yourself and run it off. And when the little darlings ask where their stash of goodies has gone, simply say "The Easter bunny giveth, and the Easter Bunny taketh away".
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm confused. What is meant by the term "Easter candy"? Confused
                            I'm confused. What is meant by the term "Easter candy"? Confused
                            GETM!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Ojo

We had a jelly bean contest at work -- 1,853 to be exact. Now that it is over the jar has been opened. When I stopped by today I convinced everyone to throw them all away! As for the kids, I don't give them too much but just enough that if I ate something they would know it and I would get in trouble! Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

Kimmie

tomorrow.... it's out.... one more day. And we didn't give them a whole lot. way less than some of my friends. But for some reason, my little measly 30 miles a week isn't going to burn off those tiny little chocolate eggs. Roll eyes