How I am different from Paula Radcliff (Read 1308 times)

Dog-Love

Paula and I have a lot in common (we are girls, have a daughter, like to run) But we are different in some ways 1) When I was 4 months pregnant...I dropped to 10 minute miles and at 6 months I took up walking 2) Let's see I ran first my marathon 12 years after my last daughter was born and all that baby fat (well not all) was gone 3) None of my goals is to win all the big 5 marathons After reading the article in RW ...it shows how amazing that woman is! ANd definitely what most women shouldn't strive to do! MTA: well maybe they should strive but not get too disappointed with only a sub 3 finish
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    invisible

...but Paula wouldn't know ecdysiotropic action of methyl farnesoate if it sat on her face! Smile
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.

Dog-Love

Big grin HA! Maybe I'll send her some papers...
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        invisible

Maybe she'll send you some genes, in return. Smile
            ..." ecdysiotropic action of methyl farnesoate if it sat on her face! Smile
            ah...I am not sure these words are appropriate for general viewing.... Confused
            invisible

Sorry about that. It's pretty sensuous stuff, eh? Wink

Dog-Love

Male crabs can't do the wild thing without it!
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Paula and I have a lot in common (we are girls, have a daughter, like to run) But we are different in some ways
                  I'm betting you probably haven't squatted and blown mud in the middle of a race in full view of cameras. So there's that, too.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

OK now I'm gonna hurl and go to work! Thanks for that image (once again)
                    invisible

I'm betting you probably haven't squatted and blown mud in the middle of a race in full view of cameras. So there's that, too.
                      I thought it was just a 10 second pee.
                        Male crabs can't do the wild thing without it!
                        can you buy this stuff in a supplement?? My wife is always complaining that I am crabby.... Tongue
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

...but Paula wouldn't know ecdysiotropic action of methyl farnesoate if it sat on her face! Smile
                          or how to produce all the fabrication and erection drawings for a prestressed, precast concrete bridge, either! So there.

The voice of mile 18

or how to produce all the fabrication and erection drawings for a prestressed, precast concrete bridge, either! So there.
                            that's so hot Smile I love enginerd-speak

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

freckles

I am different to her in the following way.....When she was wee she used to buy an eight block bar of fudge and after practising the piano every night (which she hated) she would reward herself with a square of fudge. Sundays gained her 2 blocks as she had her lesson that day. When I was wee I once blew my entire weeks pocket money on Skittles sweeties, ate them all at once and then puked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I thought it was just a 10 second pee.
                                Oooh, you're right. I've got her mixed up with some other bodily function mishap. Ironically, just as I stepped out the door for my run today, I all of the sudden had to piss like a Guatemalan water buffalo. Unlike Ms. Radcliffe, I had the luxury of simply stepping inside and taking care of business.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.