Small victory-celebrating one year of running (Read 1292 times)

xor

Wait wait.  Hold the phone.

Kangaroos eat crocodiles?!  Really?

Now that right there is COOL.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wait wait.  Hold the phone.

Kangaroos eat crocodiles?!  Really?

Now that right there is COOL.

I wasn't sure whether she was joking.  And if not, why Florida hasn't imported kangaroos to wreak havoc with the ecological balance there.

now I feel bad for teasing you all.

Sort of.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We Americans are so gullible.

xor

Well, this particular American hoped that adding the "Really?" to his post would indicate some amount of incredulity.  The concept of crocodilism amongst the roo population is COOL even if fictional.

enjoy your dreams tonight dear Americans

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on all your victories...1 year runniversary, overcoming depression, getting out there with all your other responsibilities, and kangaroos even!!!  You have a lot to be celebrating. 

+1!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

enjoy your dreams tonight dear Americans

I don't know. I am afraid to count crocodiles tonight, for fear dream kangaroos will eat them, and I'm afraid to count anything else, for fear dream crocodiles will eat them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's damn scary Down Under.

Jess, I'm impressed with your determination and commitment.  Keep us posted (more often than annually!). 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

(fellow Australian here)

Eh ... I'm not Australian. My knowledge of them making a "boing" sound when they jump comes from kids' cartoons, which I presume are accurate.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

if it was a cartoon, of course it's correct.  Tasmanian Devils also don't walk in a straight line, they spin, just like the cartoon.  And the female tasmanian devil does in fact wear lipstick.

Jess Causley

I acctually only have about 4 kangaroos living in our yard and they are friendly. Ones my girl rode her bike and ran into one and it fell over, but not my girl. I see about 50-100 whenever I go for a run in my village.

I also have dangerous birds, Mr and Mrs Plover, in my backyard. I have been badly attacked by them on my backyard runs. Once very pregnant they both attacked my so I fel over in the mud.

Don't forget to look back on how fast/far you could run when you started, as it's not just about running for a year, but about now being able to run up 'that hill' without stopping, and now you feel/look after putting all of those miles in.