Spinoff: what's your aural inspiration? (Read 817 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What gets you pumped before a race...heavy metal music, techno, hip-hop/rap, NPR...? I like techno/electronica/dance. My iTunes downloads over the past 2 years are hilarious. Not so much of the sort of stuff I would listen to for general enjoyment, but a lot of stuff with a heavy beat...the old "has a good beat and you can dance to it" sort of thing. Extra long remixes are great, too...nothing like a 7+ minute club remix for my 99ยข.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

Yeah yeah! NPR! Thanks for the nod. I think. Wink I was listening to NPR to calm myself. When I want to pump up, sometimes I listen to Ode to Joy. Is that less dorky? Confused I agree, though, on remixes of pop songs.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah yeah! NPR! Thanks for the nod. I think. Wink I was listening to NPR to calm myself.
        Heh, DH is a total NPR geek. Different strokes and all. Smile I would think "This American Life" could put someone into a drooling coma, though. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

When I want to pump up, sometimes I listen to Ode to Joy. Is that less dorky? Confused
          If you are visualizing scenes from Die Hard, then I think it could be very inspiring. Smile

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

My 10k PR was set after a night of very heavy drinking and a quickie in the morning before I literally ran to the race. It was a nice 5 mile warm up. Who said women weaken legs? That's how I roll.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              My 10k PR was set after a night of very heavy drinking and a quickie in the morning before I literally ran to the race. It was a nice 5 mile warm up. Who said women weaken legs? That's how I roll.
              No, she said what's your aural inspiration. Stop bringing us down into the gutter.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stop bringing us down into the gutter.
                Or at least clean the gutter up and make it cozy before dragging us down here...sheesh. Roll eyes Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

No, she said what's your aural inspiration. Stop bringing us down into the gutter.
                  Oh, ok. Listening to trance while having a quickie following a night of heavy drinking. How's that?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, ok. Listening to trance while having a quickie following a night of heavy drinking. How's that?
                    Heavy drinking, 'eh...? Trance...are you sure you didn't do "E"? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Heavy drinking, 'eh...? Trance...are you sure you didn't do "E"? Evil grin
                      Damn drug damaged pea-sized brain. Yes, E!!! Now that's how I really roll!

Hannibal Granite

I don't really like rap music, but before a race I'll sometimes listen to "Lose Yourself" the main theme track from the Movie "8 Mile" by Eminem. I particularly like the verse "Success is my only muthaf****** option, failure's not... So here I go, it's my shot Feet fail me not Cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got"

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't really like rap music, but before a race I'll sometimes listen to "Lose Yourself" the main theme track from the Movie "8 Mile" by Eminem. I particularly like the verse "Success is my only muthaf****** option, failure's not... So here I go, it's my shot Feet fail me not Cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got"
                          That is a song present in many of my playlists.

~ Sarah Kay

I don't listen to music. I'm boring.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

AnneCA

When I'm driving to a race in the morning, it means I am in the car, by myself. This doesn't happen a lot in my regular life. I don't commute by car, and from the moment I wake up in the morning or come back in from my run, I have the kids at my knees, asking, demanding, whining, informing . . . . Gotta love 'em, but it's not the best way to appreciate Morning Edition. So, yes, absolutely, I listen to NPR on the way to the race, and if I hang out in the car to keep warm beforehand. It's bliss, really, uninterrupted listening in a cozy warm car. So relaxing, calms any jitters.
                              evtish

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory; Puddle of Mud; AC/DC - LIVE; Papa Roach - Last Resort; Nickelback - the non overplayed on the radio stuff; Buckcherry - Crazy B; Stained - Been Awhile; Finger 11 - Paralyzer; FAST, LOUD, and HARD...as long as the beat is a factor of 180.