What's your favorite cold-medicine? (Read 686 times)

vicentefrijole

I know I'm not the only one with a nasty cold (for a week now! Tongue):
    The only thing keeping me from running is me and my current nasty cold!
    I'm currently enjoying the sedative effects of NyQuil. Also, I think this Airborne stuff tastes pretty good (and maybe it helps too?)... bubbly, almost like soda! Big grin
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Depends upon my symptoms. For a bad cough I find that original Robitussin (guaifenesin) is great. For that full body cold thing I'm a NyQuil gal. All that stuff tastes nasty, though. At least the NQ comes in caplets. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh man, I have a cold now too. I'm on the tail end of it, which means I'm coughing a lot getting all the remaining ick out of my system. My favorite cold helpers are guaifenesin (yay zoom zoom!) and my neti pot, which helps get all the stuff clogging my nose out. I actually use my neti pot year-round but I'm impressed with how clear it's kept my head during my cold. Lots of honeyed hot water/tea too. I'm not much for the meds. And if I can't sleep, sometimes I'll just drink a glass of scotch. Roll eyes
          Popping Zicam/Coldeeze combination during the days (with Halls vitamin C), and NyQuil at night. Hopefully, that will knock it right out.
          mikeymike

Runners run

A shot of tequila,salt,& lime (for the vitamin C of course).

Prophet!

a healthy dose of HTFU!
                va

MTA: Take these at the first sign...

Dog-Love

a healthy dose of HTFU!
                    I'm wearing my new black HTFU bracelet that I got as an early Xmas present. I don't take any OTC medicines. I eat 2 cloves of garlic straight with a lemon chaser and lots of water. That's it. Not tried the Guinness technique, though.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...as a drinkable med I'm all about the hot toddy! My dad used to make those for us when we were teenagers (on, Wisconsin!) and would get really sick. Nothing clears the head like whiskey, lemon juice, hot water, and honey. Great for that sore throat and body aches, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Tumeric powder mixed in honey works wonders for a sore throat. My Indian MIL introduced me to it & for temporary relief it works as well as any OTC remedy.

Member Since 2008

I have always found that Zycam works best.
                            Airbourne ... that stuff is amazing.
                            2009: BQ?
                              I drink about 3-4 theraflu a day and I am good in about 3-4 days
                              2009 Goals...:
                              -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Airbourne ... that stuff is amazing.
                                Yes. Cuz it was invented by a kindergarden teacher. Roll eyes Wink