Running with your Sweetie (Read 480 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I just finished a race yesterday . . . the level of competition was very low (23:00 won the 5k overall)

Man, where do people find these races?!

Congrats on 3rd and a voluntary DQ (I suppose for jumping back onto the course after you finished).

My wife just started running: she's up to 4minutes jogging vs walking.  I'm proud of her, but I think I have some time before she's a race-threat. Wink

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

PGTTECH

Man, where do people find these races?!

Congrats on 3rd and a voluntary DQ (I suppose for jumping back onto the course after you finished).

My wife just started running: she's up to 4minutes jogging vs walking.  I'm proud of her, but I think I have some time before she's a race-threat. Wink

Butterfly Circle of Friends 5K for women's veteran's.

Thompson Park Monroe NJ

When something says "First Annual" you can usually expect this.  Good for them, they made profit most first 5K charity events lose money or break even.  Chips in shoes, official timing equipment, tags, etc. they did a pretty legit job.

"Pacing another competitor."

Whatever, I wasn't there to race and I'm certainly not going around town wearing a 3rd place medal for a 24:30 or whatever I did.

Just B.S.

It's a race.  Kick his ass.  Celebrate together after.

DW and I do some training runs together.  On race day though, we run our own races.  I am much faster than her.  She doesn't want to think she is holding me back, and I don't want to think she is pushing herself too hard to keep up with me.  If she ever beats me in a race, that will be a great day and I will be ecstatic.  And I will never hear the end of it.

When we do training runs together (like tomorrow), we plan them a few days in advance and I treat them as my recovery/shakeout runs.

Hubby and I do exactly the same. In races and in training.

And if I ever legitimately beat my hubby in a race (outside of injury/illness) it will be a freaking miracle

and no one will ever hear the end of it. Smile

delicate flower

Hubby and I do exactly the same. In races and in training.

And if I ever legitimately beat my hubby in a race (outside of injury/illness) it will be a freaking miracle

and no one will ever hear the end of it. Smile

Funny.  Smile  She's still got me on the bike, and takes great joy in having to wait for me at the top of hills.

<3

Andy X

I used to be a reasonable club runner (38 min 10k - 3.18 marathon) but stopped running for a very long time for various reasons I won't bore you all with. Then, my wife started running & watching her improve & enter races awakened my interest, so after taking her to a lot of races & getting the bug once more, I started again. It hurt plenty at first but  I stuck with it, lost a great deal of weight too, but what did sting a bit was being beaten in every race we entered by my wife. I was happy she was improving & doing well, including winning a 10k at the age of 44 but everyone at our club kept asking me "what's it like being beaten by your wife?" Most of us aren't good enough that we don't get beaten by ladies so I wasn't that overly concerned but It started to grate after a while. In the last 10k race we ran together, I was 5 metres behind her at 7.5k when my calf muscle gave up, just as I was starting to think about the finish sprint! Smile

Since I've recovered we've trained together & now I've beaten her best times in two local 5k parkruns so although I'm very pleased she has started running as it got me going again, now I need to get one over on her - it's time for payback, I've had to work hard.

I'll be there at the line waiting for her though.