How do you motivate yourself to run after work? (Read 3131 times)

I especially like it after a tough day for stress relief - getting the demons out on the road, instead of around the family.
    This is so true! And so is this:
    a Friday evening run is especially good - it's like the work week never happened.
    I love how an evening run completely erases the day's stresses. It also helps me sleep well.
    -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.

Smell the glove

I love how an evening run completely erases the day's stresses. It also helps me sleep well.
      Amen! i'm an after work runner and i find that sometimes it really gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day. by 5 o'clock i'm chomping at the bit to get out there.
        How do you motivate yourself to wake up at the but crack of dawn and run? That seems much more difficult than at the end of the day. Even if I am exhausted from the day, at least I am loose and my body is functioning well. Often those two things are not present in the morning for me.
        Just takes a mile or two to get things loose. Can't do it at the end of the day b/c that's when I see my wife and kids. At 5:30am , they're sleeping. Plus, fat buring efficiency is better in the morning and that's important to me. And I get that metabolism boost for the whole day rather than just a few hours before falling asleep. Doesn't really matter when you go as long as you go. But watch that scene in Rocky I where he runs through Philly in the dark of morning. Motivates me every time. When I'm out there at 5:15am in cold, dark January it makes me feel hardcore. "Eat lightning and crap thunder!"

Thanks for the great advice guys! You got me out the door last night. I agree that thinking all day about how you're going to run definitely helps, as does changing as soon as you walk out the door. Now let's see if I can keep it up! Big grin