January Goals (Read 958 times)

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

There was a monthly goals post that started each month and then perked up at the end of each month on CR. I forget who started it there, but I found it helpful, so I wanted to bring it to my new home. Feel free to ignore--it just helps me to post my goals and then look back and see how I did. December Goals in Review 1. Stay on track with OHR (I started week 1 this week) -- Done. Had a few minor issues, but am back on track. I start week 5 on Sunday. 2. Run 4x per week -- Mostly. I underestimated how much time teaching for 25 hours every weekend took. Sometimes I was simply too physically tired from chasing drummers to actually go and run. I'll repeat this goal again this month. 3. Stretch for 15 mins daily-- nope. I started strong, and fell apart on Dec. 4th 4. Strength train 3x/week -- I baveraged 2X, again underestimating how badly Drumline winds me. 5. Stay within my calorie range on Sparkpeople.com-- All but Xmas day, when I had a bulemic crisis and spun completely out of control. Sad 6. Lose 8 pounds -- I lost seven, so close. I may be down eight on my Jan 1 weigh in. Since I fell short on most of my goals, January looks like another December... January Goals 1. Stay on track with OHR. Add .1 mph every two weeks during the program. 2. Run 4x per week 3. Stretch for 15 mins daily 4. Strength train 3x/week 5. Stay within my calorie range on Sparkpeople.com 6. Lose 8 pounds 7. Cross Train 2x per week (stationary bike, aerobics, yoga...)

Chris
    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Going into January I also have some goals: 1. Run 4x/week 2. Start the Hal Higdon Spring Training program 3. Run my 1st 5K 4. Burn off all the junk food I been eating this month Angry Mike
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

1. Run four times a week 2. By the end of the month, reach six miles for my long run. 3. Avoid the treadmill as much as possible! 4. Try not to talk about running with non-runners as much! I think I'm boring them... Teresa

Hrm, January goals - 1. 200+ miles 2. Start reintroducing weekly speed work (Gorham indoor track) 3. Get on the trails in the snow (as long as there is some) at least once a week for strength I probably should start lifting again, too. I haven't been getting to the gym too much the last month or so when I've been building my base back up.
          4. Try not to talk about running with non-runners as much! I think I'm boring them...
          I would so fail at that...

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

1. Get back to morning running. I am getting crunched trying to squeeze it during lunch at work. 2. 5 days / week minimum. 3. Start doing Pilates to improve my core strength. I bought this great downloadable book called Pilates4Runners, but I just need to actually do it. 4. HTFU

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My January goals: 1. Increase my weekly mileage 2. Run at least 5 days a week 3. Lose those last 10 pounds! Tongue 4. Start a weight lifting regimen 5. Quit sweating the small stuff!! Lisa
              I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter
                1. To get back to a.m. running. 2. To stick with my self-made training plan. Roll eyes 3. To have my long run on the 27th be 15 miles (which will only happen if I stick with my training plan). 3 4. To score at least one goal during soccer. Big grin (connection to running - speed workouts) 5. To drink more water. MTA: 6. To learn how to count. Tongue

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hrm, January goals - 1. 200+ miles 2. Start reintroducing weekly speed work (Gorham indoor track) 3. Get on the trails in the snow (as long as there is some) at least once a week for strength I probably should start lifting again, too. I haven't been getting to the gym too much the last month or so when I've been building my base back up. I would so fail at that...
                  Well, I didn't say how likely I was to succeed at that goal, lol. Can anyone run on the USM track, or do you have to have a connection??

Can anyone run on the USM track, or do you have to have a connection??
                    You need a membership. I don't know what it costs; last year I paid $30 or $40 to be able to use it, but my wife is a law student there so that was a discounted rate. I haven't gotten around to going over there yet to renew it for this winter.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

1. Run 78 miles 2. A good effort at the Samson Stomp 5K (no time goal) 3. More veggies, more water, less fast food. 4. Maintain consistency. Oh yeah...one last thing... 5. To help Mississippi with her counting skills.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

what a good idea! thanks chris my goals for january: 1. run at least 205km 2. race at least one 5k 3. get under 60kgs 4. lift weights twice a week (9 sessions total for jan)

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

My January goals: 1. Increase my weekly mileage 2. Run at least 5 days a week 3. Lose those last 10 pounds! Tongue 4. Start a weight lifting regimen 5. Quit sweating the small stuff!! Lisa
                          Those are my exact same goals. Wink ~Jen
                          Jennifer
                            1. Run 200+ Miles 2. Break 22:30 in my 5k 3. Get in consistent strength training (min. 3x Per Week) 4. Drop 6-10 pounds

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

-Stay injury free -Run 100 miles -Get my long run up to 8+ miles
                                Those are my exact same goals. Wink ~Jen
                                We can keep each other honest!! Lisa Yes
                                I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter