What allergy would be the death of you? (Read 641 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pam mentioned being allergic to chocolate. I know a few folks who would rather be dead than not be able to have chocolate. I like chocolate, but could take or leave it most of the time. What would get me are the following, though. Allergy to any of these things would make life not worth living: peanuts beer bacon cheese raspberries wheat (though I did eat very little when I was hardcore low-carbing and did quite well) garlic Jelly Belly beans seafood In recent years I seem to have issues with shrimp...or maybe something that most shrip is treated with. I get terrible hive, intestinal issues, misery. Shrimp used to be one of my favorite foods and it still really makes me sad that I have to avoid it. Luckily I seem to be able to still eat scallops. If I developed an allergy to all shellfish I think it would really be too much to bear. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I couldn't live if I was allergic to fruit, sweet potato's , Fish and whole wheat! Oh and jelly bellies and red hots! Gotta have some junk to eat since I can't do chocolate Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh...red hots! You know what is good? Red hot bark...white chocolate with red hots in it! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

members of my wife's family are allergic to alcohol Shocked it's pretty common with asians ( I am told) but her family gets really red, sometimes gets hives, and the rare occassion heart palpitations. but of course they all still drink Confused

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Ooh...red hots! You know what is good? Red hot bark...white chocolate with red hots in it! Smile k
            Um I can't eat chocolate Wink Though I'm sure they are good, not worth the issue's it would cause me Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

White chocolate isn't chocolate, though--no cocoa. I'm not sure if all of it even has cocoa butter. Is it just the cocoa that you are allergic to? k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

members of my wife's family are allergic to alcohol Shocked it's pretty common with asians ( I am told) but her family gets really red, sometimes gets hives, and the rare occassion heart palpitations. but of course they all still drink Confused
                Yeah...I still try to eat shrimp sometimes, too! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Pizza... I would be SO sad if I were allergic to pizza. I love pizza. Just ask my youngest daughter, I say that phrase, "I love pizza", EVERY time we have pizza... drives her bonkers! Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pizza... I would be SO sad if I were allergic to pizza. I love pizza. Just ask my youngest daughter, I say that phrase, "I love pizza", EVERY time we have pizza... drives her bonkers! Big grin
                    Oh, yeah...that goes along with my cheese and wheat allergy paranoia! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Penicillin. Hives, convulsions etc. Fun stuff. I'm not allergic to any foods, although after having my daughter I couldn't eat mushrooms for about a year, they burned my throat and stomach, prior to and after that year I was fine with them. Odd.

Michelle

Burninated Peasant

I've got a friend who can't handle gluten. I don't think I could survive on his diet. I think I am allergic to garlic. It kind of bums me out because I like the stuff. I'm not sure why it took me 30 years to figure out that when I feel like crap for 2-3 days after eating garlic, maybe I should avoid garlic. Or maybe I should have let the allergist do the food allergy test last time that I went so that I'd have known what to avoid.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Michael, we have a friend who is allergic to garlic and onions. It makes it very difficult for them to eat out, since nearly every sauce and spice blend contains one or both. Right now I wish I were allergic to candy. Gah, somebody flush it down the toilet for me, or something... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

cookie dough ice cream!
                              Lime and Chili Almonds. Drooooool.
                              2009: BQ?

Now that was a bath...

Well right now I am sat here with scabby lips and sores up my nose, pondering my cat allergy! Despite that quack of a Doctor saying it couldn't possibly be an allergy - it definitely is! Halloween night three of the houses I visited had cats and the next day my lips were buzzing and sore again. By the next day I was having nosebleeds. Same happened when I looked after my nieces and nephew - they have three cats and my lips flared up the next day. Could Kirsten live with a cat allergy? Claire xxx
                              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.