Iditorod Trail Invitational-Geoff Roes Wins (Read 675 times)

Dog-Love

Wonder why he's not running?  Maybe sore after a 350 mile run. 

What I like about Unbreakable is the contrast of pre-race meals where Geoff is eating over his cook stove and others are at fancy-pants restaurants.  I actually haven't seen the whole thing..just clips...so I should get a copy someday.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    xor

I made up the heed bit.  I have no idea what drink is served at chuckanut.

Now I do.  EAS.  "never hoid of it" (semi-lie. I've seen the ads. Never tasted it).

But now I have it all over me clothes.  WEEEEEE

bhearn

Roes was there, hanging out in the finish area. I congratulated him on his Iditarod win. He says he hasn't run since then.
        xor

Roes was there, hanging out in the finish area. I congratulated him on his Iditarod win. He says he hasn't run since then.

Bob!

How are you?

Sweet Boston jacket, btw.

bhearn

Yes. So there I was, standing next to Geoff Roes, in my Boston jacket, feeling like a dork.

I did OK... 5:34. This was supposed to be an easy training run for Boston; I told myself I wouldn't let it become a "race". I was thinking more like 5ish. But it was very, very sloppy out there. And guess what, racing flats may not be the best choice for technical single track with snow and mud. I must have been passed by 30 people on that stretch in the middle. But I passed them all back on the downhill & flats after Chinscraper.

Good to see you there; thanks for volunteering!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yes. So there I was, standing next to Geoff Roes, in my Boston jacket...

bheard/srlopez: Nice job bringing the two threads together Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.