Programming Workouts On Garmin Connect (Read 56 times)

LRB

This is probably a dumb question

This is a dumb question, but I cannot figure out how to use the repeat feature when programming workouts on Garmin Connect.

You are limited to 20 steps per workout, so something like 6 X 1000's with a warmup lap(s), recovery after each interval, and cool down lap(s) is simple (14 steps total).

12 X 400's however, or 4 X 200 + 200 + 800 with warmup, recoveries, and cool down ain't happenin'.

I am training with Daniels, and another popular workout of his is a 2 minute run, 1 minute jog, 1 minute run, 30 second jog, 30 second run, 30 second jog.  With a 6 mile max, that could be a million steps!

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Not dead. Yet.

A workout with warmup and cooldown and  interval and recovery should be 4 steps no matter many repeats you do.

Make one each interval and recovery steps, then click the "Add Repeat" button to create the repet step.  Then drag the interval and recovery steps into the repeat step.  Then adjust the number of repeats using the dropdown at the top.

I'll post a screenshot if you need me to.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

B-Plus

Do the repeat steps count towards the 20? My workouts are wimpy so I don't know.

B-Plus

A workout with warmup and cooldown and  interval and recovery should be 4 steps no matter many repeats you do.

Make one each interval and recovery steps, then click the "Add Repeat" button to create the repet step.  Then drag the interval and recovery steps into the repeat step.  Then adjust the number of repeats using the dropdown at the top.

I'll post a screenshot if you need me to.

Oh, there you go.

LRB

I knew it was dumb, that took like 2 seconds!

Thanks!