Vibram Five Fingers (Read 1026 times)

Why is it sideways?

Anybody tried these out? http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
    Scout7

I saw those, but I've never seen anyone actually run in them. They look interesting. Ya perv.
        The Sprint version with the strap to keep them on in muck looks good for trail running. I'd love to try a pair...let us know if you give them a shot...
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I saw somebody running Pikes Peak marathon in a pair last year.

Finished!

I've tried em on and they are...interesting. There's some getting used to having each toe separated - but it's not uncomfortable. Since I have severe pronation problems, I only tested em to pad around in rather than for running - tho Vibram tells me lots of people do run in them.
            Walk + Jog = wog.
            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

You'll ruin your knees!

I have some and have done some walking on the golf course in them. They are "interesting" as has been said already. My tender feet aren't ready to try running in them...yet...I can't imaging ever running on a rocky/rooty trail in them, maybe packed dirt or grass... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

vicentefrijole

My tender feet aren't ready to try running in them...
                Do they NOT have any support on the bottom? It seems that the biggest problem would be that they would rub between the toes and give blisters.. but perhaps they're so well designed this doesn't happen? Confused
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They are designed to prevent blisters.

Prophet!

hmm... it says you can use it for surfing...i wonder if it can handle razor-sharp reefs..of course i'll probably get beat up and thrown out of the lineup just for wearing them... Smile

Finished!

There is no support on the bottom - which is why I can't do much other than walk in em - I've found I can do an awful lot of hiking and general walking in shoes that don't compensate for my pronating, but if I try to run in my running shoes without my orthotics installed, my body is quick to complain. The sole isn't terribly thick on these, so I imagine heat from the ground as well as the feel of the terrain would come right on through.
                      Walk + Jog = wog.
                      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Why is it sideways?

I'd like to get a pair. I like barefoot running, and it seems like these would prevent the dangers of glass, etc. How much do they cost, Lynn?
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

$70. jeff, you can buy them directly from the website.

Why is it sideways?

You mean from the link I posted. Tongue Doh. I'd worry about ordering them online, though. I'd like to try them out for sizing.
                              any idea why they mention "pose running" as opposed to just "running"?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

I'd like to get a pair. I like barefoot running, and it seems like these would prevent the dangers of glass, etc. How much do they cost, Lynn?
                                Yep, $70 sounds right, I got the "classic" in black. The "toes" work a lot like Injinji socks and are a little weird at first, but you get used to them. The soles are pretty thin, OK for small sticks, prickly things on the ground, but you would definitely know if you stepped on a marble sized rock... If you already do some barefoot running I think you would probably like them. I don't and am having a hard time getting mentally prepared for running with so little protection...again only on very select surfaces (like the fairway on a golf course)... Don't remember what size I bought, but used their sizing chart and it seems pretty good. I wear a 10.5 or 11 in most shoes but I don't remember if I bought the 43 or 44... If I remember, I'll check and post back later. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)