Saving Maps (Read 1019 times)

eric :)

To the extent it may help you diagnose: I noticed that in my saved Courses, I can click the spectacles icon to view one ... and there is no data.  0mi, no elevation info -- nothing.  But if I go into my Calendar, find the workout/race that corresponds to that course, click on that, and click the Map tab ... there's my course, with all distance/elevation data intact.

As one example, here's my race from Christmas Eve 2011: Course view v. Map in my Workout.

This is a separate issue. A course's route is independent of the GPS imported workout's route.  A course is just a way for you to group a set of similar routes together, which will help you create better reports.  You can give it a map in a totally different geographical location from the actual workouts and the software wouldn't know any better.

calderlad

OK eric I do the following. I open up the measure route tab and I plot a run and then save this via the save button at the bottom o fthe page. This sends the route into my courses list. When I click on this route in the course list and open it via the magnifying glass icon it opens up to a blank map with no points plotted on it and also a blank elevation. If I click on the name of the route then it opens up and then if I cliock on the edit button there is no map icon at the top to even click on.

Whjat I have noticed is that all the routes I have previously plotted have a small earth/globe symbol next ot them. The new ones do not show this icon in the course list.

Im not doing anything diffferent to the way I have done this route plottiong for years and I am not using a different browser either. One time it was working and the next time it wasnt.

Sorry to be a pain but I am lost without my route plotter as I do not use anything like garmin to upload routes from.

calderlad

OK now when i click on the measure route opage it just comes up blank. This has certailnly cured my problem of not being able to save routes as now I cant even plot them. There is justa blank page with ni icons across the top and no map to plot on. Please help.
        eric :)

calderlad,

What is "it" that is blank?  The page?  The map?  If I have to guess, it sounds like your browser did not load everything correctly.  Try pressing Ctrl-F5 to force a reload, which should fix the problem.

I also fixed the map saving problem.  I apologize for any inconveniences and delays in diagnosing the problem.  I had to work with limited info.

calderlad

I cant express my gratitude enough. Sorry I couldnt have given mor einfo to help you sort the problem. Thanks

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Deleted my original post. Re-framed in new thread: 2015-12-30 Upgrade Issue: Saving Maps