Went shopping for recovery fluids (Read 580 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I visited the Whole Foods in Louisville to profit from their great beer selection. They seemed to have a Belgian focus this trip. Today's purchases... van Honsebrouck St. Louis Premium Kriek Ommegang Abbey Ale (from Belgium) Trappists Rochefort 6 Belgian Ale Samuel Adams Triple Bock Westmalle Trappist Ale Dubbel Lindemans Gueuze Lambic Cuvee Rene Grand Cru Bell's Batch 8000 Ale (Commemorative) Bell's Oberon Ale Dogfish Head World Wide Stout Maredsous Triple 10degree Belgian Abbey Ale Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock (with plastic trinket)
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bell's Oberon Ale
      I had 2.5 of those last night and was pretty stupid. I mean moreso than normal. Big grin I wanna go beer shopping with you! Mmmm...ales! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Did you see the batch 8000? $16.59 per six bottles. Sounds like it could be special. Or expensive.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you see the batch 8000? $16.59 per six bottles. Sounds like it could be special. Or expensive.
          I'll have to look for that one...but I'd be leery to spend that much unless it's REALLY good. I'm just not that picky about beer...or wine. I'm usually just as happy with decent mid-priced or cheap stuff as I am with the $$ stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

So, I have a few questions for clarification: you went shopping and bought 11 kinds of beer? Is that a six pack per type? Can I assume you will spread your consumption out over multiple nights?

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Oberon is 6 bottles. The Batch 8000 is 3 bottles. Everything else is single bottles, although several are 22-24 oz. I am drinking the geueze right now and wishing I had bough a good 42 bottles of it...and this beer will be savored over time!
                Ommegang has some really great ales. I've toured their brewery in Cooperstown, NY. Ommegang also has a Hennepin Farmhouse Saison that is absolutely perfect for summer evenings, but their best offering hands down, IMHO, is an amber ale called Rare Vos. Gotta love the Belgian ales... Cool

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Sounds awesome. This weekend I had a few Mill Street Brewery (local Toronto micro-brewery and brew pub in the Historic Distillery District) Coffee Porters. Very tasty. Here's a description: Our porter is rich and robust, dark brown in colour with a dark roasted coffee nose, imparting an intense coffee flavour with notes of chocolate. Made with beans supplied by the Distillery District’s Balzac's Coffee, this porter offers a rich, full and unique flavour. Currently, there are no other coffee-flavoured beers in the Ontario market.